The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?

Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
Is that an just endorsement SM. Or are you Pauline Hanson ?. I'm thinking it's a possibility.
Posted by thinker 2, Friday, 8 April 2011 7:59:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SM,

What urban myth? Do you mean Tony Abbott? Or are you referring to your own political aspirations?
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 8 April 2011 8:02:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi,

I meant:

"such as the old BP Building near the Shrine which was coverted to luxury apartments and sold at half-price to the "Boy's Network." Later to be re-sold at more than double the paid price as a financial reward to the participants. (This information was received first hand from people involved). "

To which you repeatedly failed to provide any substance.

If you followed my posts, I am an engineer with post grad qualifications and an MBA. I don't belong to any political party, but rather to the "My God, what idiotic thing has labor done now?" club to which apparently the majority of Australians are sympathetic.

P.S. At the last count PH was about 12000 votes ahead of the greens for a senate seat. Belly, considering you put your reputation on the line, I would be worried.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 11 April 2011 5:14:01 PM
Shadow Minister GOODONYA BLOKE!
Who got it wrong?
She failed.
You however interest me first time you actually put your ego and job description on the line.
So that is why!
First name is not Peter is it?
That ego fits,getting it wrong too.
A fella I know is brilliant at work every one values his advice.
He is not an Engineer, he is the bloke they go to to fix things they got wrong.
A cartoon best describes out door workers views on SOME Engineers, well many, most ah forget it all.
On the wall in construction lunch sheds is a well drawn fella long nose and all that.
He is proudly saying these words, spelling as shown in the cartoon.
A month ago I could not sell injuneer now I are one!
May have been around for along while but my minds eye,knowing its drawer shares my view it was bought about by a bloke called Peter.
PS gloating still you got it wrong, put the boot in early and pie faced your self ROTFL.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 1:00:54 PM
Belly,

If you see the title of this thread "Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?" Please note the question mark. I at no point claimed that she would win, at best I gave her a 60% chance. Your gloating is because you for once got it right more by luck than judgement, not that I got it wrong.

Need I remind you of your litany of predictions that almost without exception were completely wrong.

The point of this thread was that PH from Queensland got nearly 100 000 votes came within a handful of votes from getting a senate seat. Given that she lost by a tiny fraction of 1% the point of the thread that NSW voters are angry with Labor's stuff up of an immigration policy still stands.

As for my job and experience it is not the first time or even third or fourth time that I have stated what I do, and if the best you can do is rehash a decades old joke poster then you are a very sad old man.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 2:58:13 PM
Dear Shadow Minister,

If you're not in politics then why the pseudonym - "Shadow Minister?"
It is most mis-leading (as are the Liberal Party policies).

Thank You for sharing with us your educational qualifications, although I don't quite see the relevance. Except that perhaps you're inferring that you should be able to think logically? Well, in that case you should know that I'm a university graduate and librarian by profession - logic is part and parcel of my training and ethos.

As for my providing you with further "substance?" Why should I provide you with anything at all? That's demeaning. I told you that the information I had was first-hand from people actually involved in the project. You don't believe me - that's your problem. Suffice to say that my husband is an architect - and this information is straight from the horse's mouth. It's not an "urban myth," as you tried to imply.

You say that you belong to the "My God, what idiotic thing has Labor done now?" Club. And that the majority of Australians are sympathetic to you guys? No surprises here. I can understand the sympathy very well. I feel sorry for you and your Club members too!

BTW: If you're a "majority," then why can't you guys elect a Federal
Liberal Government?
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 3:29:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All