The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Maybe You Don't Know Danny Lim

Maybe You Don't Know Danny Lim

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
ttbn,
The trouble with this episode is that it was not based on the law.
The law doesn’t require two burly young men to throw a small,elderly man to the deck, in this case a hard ceramic deck and handcuff him.
I’m sure Chris Murphy will explain the law to all concerned.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 9 December 2022 8:54:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn, it looks like you have left yourself out on a 'lim" on this one. In typical Hansonite fashion you play the race card; "ASIAN" (my capitals).

Thanks Issy and AC, and the best social conscience on the Formum, Foxy along with rache for telling it like it is with truthfulness and honesty.

I don't know about this left wing, right wing nonsense, sometimes talking to Danny and that's not his real name, I would walk away thinking what in hell was he talking about. What i can say, knowing him personally, no way is he violent, he's not capable of violence.

For about 35 years a mystery man by the name of Arthur Stace would chalk in beautiful handwriting the word "Eternity" on Sydney's city footpaths, he did so many thousands of time. A reformed alcoholic who had turned to Christianity Arthur's was a message of hope to all. Also he was defacing public property, and under the law he could have been arrested, jailed and/or fined, he never was. Cold impersonal cities need their share of Danny's and Arthur's, not coppers with handcuffs to cart them away.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 9 December 2022 9:23:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise

All the manhandling and so on is coming to us many times filtered. And, small, elderly men can often fight back like tomcats. I suggest we accept that the police were doing their job as per their training and for their own protection as well as for this bloody old nuisance's who should be indulging in a more relaxing pass time suited to his age.

Chris Murphy is a virtue-signalling lefty, as many of the lawyerly class are these days. You will probably also disagree with my contention that all these pests - irrespective of age - should be encouraged to stop wasting police time on their pathetic and anti-social personal ideas as to how things should be. The majority Australians manage to get along OK without making bloody nuisances of themselves.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 9 December 2022 10:52:28 AM
ttbn,
It’s not coming filtered at all, the video says it all “In the first person”.
Police do not normally ‘discontinue’ an arrest unless ordered to do so by a superior officer or unless they realize that they are in error.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 9 December 2022 12:48:19 PM
Watched the video. He was definitely resisting. If you are advised that you are under arrest and comply with instructions, you don't end up on the floor. As it was, he was eased onto to floor, not thrown. Get over it.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 9 December 2022 1:33:04 PM
I believe in the 'horseshoe effect' in politics, where the extremes of left and right are not at opposite ends of a linear continuum, but like the shape of a horseshoe each end of the extremism approaches the other as it moves further from the moderate top centre. Put it in human terms Hitler was like Stalin and vice versa, not opposites but alike in many ways.

Hi david f,

Good to see you put up a post, yes true the rise of fascism was there in Australia during the 1920's and 30's. The Old Man would tell me how popular fascism was in Australia, as was communism at that time. The popularity of fascism is evidenced by the rise of the 'New Guard' paramilitary fascists organisation in the 1930's. At its height under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Eric Campbell (actually Campbell held the rank of Lieutenant during WWI, Cambell was an educated man) with an "army" of 50,000 volunteer soldiers the New Guard, an off shoot of the 1920's 'Old Guard' which they opposed as being too inactive and ineffective they adopted a Mussolini style agenda of direct action. Much of their stated aims would sit well with some in Australia today.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 9 December 2022 2:35:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy