The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should Society Protect Old People From Themselves?

Should Society Protect Old People From Themselves?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Oh dear, he’s on about guns again, just goes to shew how being considered not a fit and proper person to hold a firearms licence can affect one’s beheavoir,
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 13 November 2022 6:11:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
is Mise,
How could we possibly get it to answer questions & stop waffling irrelevancies ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 14 November 2022 8:02:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Issy,

Guns are a recognised danger in society, one reason we have gun licences. Such licences should not be handed out to old folk like bingo cards at the RSL. Guns should be taken out of the hands of old people and replaced with a packet of soft lollies (soft as hard lollies cause prolems with their false teeth), at the age of 70. Agree? I don't see reasons to remove all licences from old folk, a dog licence for you seems reasonable, that's so you can keep a companion pet, such as a Bichon Frise or a Pomeranian, no Rottweiler's, very dangerous! I am willing to throw caution to the wind and allow old folk such as yourself and other forumites to keep a goldfish as a pet for company (one only) without a licence and totally unsupervised. Hows that?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 14 November 2022 8:25:31 AM
How’s that?
Unbelievably stupid.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 November 2022 10:56:28 AM
Just a question. How many countries with an armed population have been invaded?
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 November 2022 11:05:41 AM
How’s that?
Unbelievably stupid.

I have to agree Issy, I don't know what came over me, extremely rash on my part, yes supervision is absolutely necessary. Unsupervised you could take your pet goldfish out of his bowl, and try and dry him out in the microwave, with very serious consequences.....for Goldie that is!

News Flash; 95 year old man dies when he fell off his tractor.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 14 November 2022 6:54:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy