The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should Society Protect Old People From Themselves?

Should Society Protect Old People From Themselves?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Hassy, I understand you were a rev head petrol sniffer in your younger days. There has never been a more useless time wasting pursuit than car racing, with the possible exception of the gun nuts and their call to shoot everything in sight. Issy supports a political party that believes five year old's should take loaded guns to school for self protection. Issy that medical assessment, I hope it included a physiological assessment as loaded guns in the hands of five year old, well what can I say, crazy in the extreme.

Indy, aren't you guy who wants to stick ALL young folk into some sort of "boot camp"? One size fits all!
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 12 November 2022 6:12:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy, aren't you guy who wants to stick ALL young folk into some sort of "boot camp"? One size fits all!
paul1405,
There you go again with your conniving misconstruing . I specifically stated all "young unemployed" on more occasion than I care to remember ! When I state about improving poor mentality I specifically draw attention to you et al !
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 12 November 2022 7:23:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy, trying to back out, you made it clear you favoured national service for young people, you never added a rider that it should only involve the 8% of unemployed young people.

I quote you in reference to young people and national service;

"We have to move towards a National service scheme to re-introduce common sense & sense of responsibility & respect!"

Where are you referring to the minority of young unemployed in that statement. You are not, its a blanket statement.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 13 November 2022 7:58:05 AM
Some recent news headlines, just here in Queensland.

"Elderly man dies after car crashes into tree"
"Elderly man crashes into pole"
"Elderly man hospitalised after car mounts parked car"
"Elderly man dies on northern Gold Coast after incident with 4WD"
"Elderly man kills cyclist"
"Elderly man runs down wife in driveway"

Just in the last day or two;

"Elderly man crashes into house"
"Elderly man kills pedestrian"

85 year old ex-father-in-law, bangs into shopping trolley at Westfield shopping centre! Extensive damage to front of car, so said grandson, thankfully it was a trolley and not a child. And this guy was driving until recently.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 13 November 2022 8:12:08 AM
Despite what might be reported by the manipulative media, government statistics reveal that YOUNG ADULTS are involved in more motor accidents than ANY other age group. Paul 1405's lack of knowledge and his bitter dislike of certain people continue to make him look silly.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 13 November 2022 8:35:41 AM
Though the brain may be done growing in size by the teen years, it’s not done developing and maturing. The prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for skills like planning, prioritization, and impulse control, may not finish developing until the mid- to late-20s.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 13 November 2022 8:48:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy