The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bent Coppers and Public Oversight

Bent Coppers and Public Oversight

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear O Sung Wu,

I've always had the greatest respect for police officers.
I had a relative in the Los Angeles Police Force. He passed
away a few years back - he received a medal of valour for
saving people from a burning building. The officers he
worked with were all decent men.

Growing up in the western suburbs of Sydney - one of our
neighbours was a police officer. He was a good man - and
helped his neighbours in many situations.

Here in Melbourne, when my computer was attacked by scammers -
the police were very helpful in their advise and the time
they took to help me out. So all in all - I have only good things
to say. They do a fantastic job - and usually receive very
little credit. Where would go go for help - if it wasn't for
our officers?

Paramedics are also people that I highly respect.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 November 2022 1:41:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks FOXY for your support for the police. I don't deny there are a few bad one's in the job and they're thoroughly spurned by the rest of us, believe me. Again thank you, though I think your support falls on very deaf ears, here on OLO.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 3 November 2022 2:05:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

I strongly believe that most people deep down
are grateful for our police forces, our national
security agencies, and our military. I mean where
would our nation be without them?

We should count our blessingS and realize what a huge debt
we owe to the officers that serve and protect us all.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 November 2022 2:27:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi O Sung Wu,

You read me wrong, I am not against good police and proper policing within the law, that is vital for an ordered society. We know the history and its in the past, it should not be forgotten, but be a lesson to be learned as to what the dangers are when there is no oversight, no control. Good police officers, and that is the vast majority, welcome oversight as they have nothing to hide or fear.

The notion that police are "hated" by the general community is wrong. In fact good police are respected and welcomed in society.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 4 November 2022 6:14:14 AM
the Aussie way is always to lambaste and harangue coppers,
o sung wu,
Deservedly so however, I strongly object treating Police officers in the same way ! As I've stated many times before we have too many coppers & not enough Police officers !
Coppers are the equivalent to Bureaudroids in the Public Service !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 4 November 2022 7:40:44 AM
Indy,

How can you say that! Police, strip away the uniform and they are people just like you and me, with all the qualities of the general community. I'm sure O Sung Wu will tells us in his time he made some good mates, but there were some he couldn't cop (pun), that' true in any employment.

O Sung Wu, did you know my old mate Lenny O, crown sergeant at Paddo for years, back in the day played on the wing for Souths, long dead now. Lenny was a good friend and neighbour, got on well. We liked to take out the tinny on the bay and we'ed go fishing. I'd give him razz about being an (x)copper, and he'd give me it back for being a Greenie. Sometimes opposites attract. He told me stories about his time, some funny, some not so funny.

I like this one; At his retirement, an Inspector said to Len; "Well Len we got our houses out of the force"...Lenny retorted; "You got your bloody house out of the force...I worked for mine!"..."Could say than then, I never liked that bastard." so said Lenny.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 4 November 2022 9:32:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy