The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Queen is dead

The Queen is dead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. 36
  13. ...
  14. 43
  15. 44
  16. 45
  17. All
Graham Young said "I feel as though all the adults have now finally left the room. Elizabeth is the most competent public figure I have seen over the entirety of my life, and the only Queen of England over that period as well. "

Answer- Thanks for the good point Graham Young.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 12:45:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn- I think that King Charles is a very different man than in his youth and have confidence that he will be a wise king.

Communists and pretenders have long tried to destroy the monarchy of Britain- as Dostoevsky said communists want to create a nihilistic world- while proclaiming the opposite- "thank you Stalin for our wonderful childhood"- reading the news by negation in a corrupt world-

There are many not of British Ancestry that try to tear down British culture even within nations of ancestral British people- rather than building their own nations- and becoming a source of stability in the world and for their people. They leave evil in power in their homeland and destroy their adopted home. Some thrive on chaos. What is the difference between ideological verses community orientated activism- an interest in the community.

Often people don't have the vision to realize where their strength and contentedness comes from. One of the most quoted attributes of the Queen and the monarchy is a source of stability and strength in an unstable and superficial world.

For example- many Indian's came to understand through British rule that "processes are critical to prosperity"- and honour the British in spite of their rejection.

The Queen said that there are principles of tradition that are timeless- even when there are those that try to destroy them in the name of "progressive change".

May we all see through the eyes of Queen Elizabeth II- follow her example- as King Charles III will- in order to maintain the stability of the world.

The Queen Is Dead. Long Live The King!
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 1:45:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there CANEM MALUM... I couldn't agree with you more my friend you've enunciated my own position perfectly. Thank you.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 8:28:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Maverick,

It's true that King Charles is highly decorated
for being at a particular time or place as well as
being a member of a high-ranking order and receiving
medals from other countries.

Also as KIng of England he now serves as the Head of
State of the British Armed Forces.

However, King Charles was never deployed to a combat zone
and his impressive medals are not for active service in
combat.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 11:33:21 AM
Hi Maverick,

On the other hand we have Prince Harry, who was in
active service in Afghanistan receiving the
Afghanistan Operational Service Medal. Prince Harry's
military uniform was decorated with Golden, Diamond,
and Platinum Jubilee medals and the Army Pilot Wings
along with his Afghan medal.

The ER (Elizabeth Regina) initials were removed from his
shoulders. Which left the Prince heartbroken.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 11:44:20 AM
Hi Foxy

Yes Charles served in the UK military http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_III#Military_training_and_career and this is an Is Mise fixation.

My main point is about now. Is Charles able and willing to do the many exhausting APOLITICAL tasks of being King of the UK?

Will Charles penchant for promoting or criticising politically sensitive UK issues continue? I stress UK issues more than his now accepted Global climate change advocacy.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_III

"A critic of modernist architecture, Charles worked on the creation of Poundbury, an experimental new town based on his architectural tastes.

He is also a prominent critic of the adoption of genetically modified food.[4][5]

Charles's support for homeopathy and other alternative medicine has been the subject of criticism.[6][7][8][9]

Following allegations concerning the offering of honours and British citizenship to donors, the conduct of one of his charities, the Prince's Foundation, attracted criticism; currently, the charity is the subject of an ongoing Metropolitan Police investigation into cash-for-honours allegations."
Posted by Maverick, Wednesday, 21 September 2022 5:56:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. 36