The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Queen is dead

The Queen is dead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 43
  9. 44
  10. 45
  11. All
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, lived a long and privileged life, she was what monarchists expected a monarch to be. Her heir and successor Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor, may be a different kettle of fish, and likely to be so, Charles will give impetus to move Australia towards a republic, and in that way I believe he will be an excellent monarch.

You're right Steele,

"now Albanese is in power there are no powerful Mandarins to set him straight about the impossibility of his programs" That translates to; "there are no powerful regressive bureaucrats (Sir Humphrey Appleby types) to thwart moves towards progressive change. Its all to do with the conservatives belief in their "divine right to rule", which comes from God through the monarch.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 9 September 2022 12:13:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's surely possible to admire the monarch without admiring the monarchy. She wasn't born to the purple but, like her equally highly admirable father, she accepted the responsibility of the office with grace and energy. She absorbed the history and duties of the monarchy and carried them out without fear or favour.

It's doubtful that her children will be equally loved and admired but there is great hope for her grandkids.

Being the longest ever serving British monarch is testament to her energy and stamina but also a credit to modern medicine.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 9 September 2022 12:17:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes God Save the Queen. A real loss.

I joined the navy as an impressionable youth to serve Queen & Country. I would not ever want to serve the new king or the current country.

SR Albanese has been in the roll long enough to prove with his policies he is a total idiot.

I am no fan of Morrison but to consider him worse than Turnbull, Fraser, KRudd & Gillard shows you again thinking from that lefty hymn book you hold so dear.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 9 September 2022 12:18:29 PM
I just hope the republican movement doesn't highjack the discussion.

Allow us to mourn a great person

No need to move to a republic at all
Posted by kirby483, Friday, 9 September 2022 12:28:51 PM
We need a Republic because when Australia becomes a republic there will be no need for Republican esposing politicians to lie and perjure themselves to be MsP, nor will their supporters have to overcome their own moral principles to support such liars and perjurers.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 9 September 2022 2:01:29 PM
And like my ol' mate HASBEEN, I joined the ARA as a 17 years old kid, and thus swore allegiance to her, together with her heirs and successors. It's a sorry fact that some members of her family never emulated her fine example. God save Queen Elizabeth ll. Regrettably, I'll not see her like again in my lifetime..
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 9 September 2022 2:04:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 43
  9. 44
  10. 45
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy