The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Queen is dead

The Queen is dead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. ...
  14. 43
  15. 44
  16. 45
  17. All
Congratulations Foxy

You are a poet
And we all know it.

Mavers
Posted by Maverick, Monday, 12 September 2022 10:28:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see Charlie naming himself "King Charles III" as a huge missed opportunity.

I recall that years ago Charlie half jokingly entertained another name for a short time.

That was "KING ARTHUR" on account of Charlie's real name "Charles Philip Arthur George" *

The mythological** King Arthur, notionally lived somewhere in modern day Wales, with his Court of Camelot, complete with his Knights of the Round Table. This would:

- have transmogrified the very shape of Monarchy as we know it.

- made excellent journo copy for decades.

- have placed King Arthur in the fine tradition of JFK's "Court of Camelot".

And would have entertained little kiddies.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_III

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur

Oh well, Charlie it is :(
Posted by Maverick, Monday, 12 September 2022 10:38:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Maverick,

Thank you for your kind words.

"It's always marvellous to have somebody who you know,
you feel understands and wants to encourage."
(the previous Prince Charles).
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 September 2022 10:47:35 AM
It is well established historically that there was a real King Arthur, just as there is a very real King Charles III, the most powerful man in Great Britain.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 12 September 2022 1:50:05 PM
Hi Maverick,

Here's more on King Arthur:

http://britannica.com/topic/King-Arthur
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 September 2022 2:13:43 PM
Hi Foxy,

I've had my fill of the death of Mrs Windsor for now, missed the program purposely. Although I did enjoy the victory by the Bunnies over the Roosters, on Ch9, and they live to fight another day.

Hi Issy,

You speak of "consequences" for the footy gal, will there be a rush of beheading's anytime soon?

I see Jamaica is the first country post QE2 to blaspheme and speak REPUBLIC! Others may follow one by one.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 12 September 2022 3:39:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17