The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Queen is dead

The Queen is dead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. ...
  14. 43
  15. 44
  16. 45
  17. All
Foxy, It won’t go away, you rubbished Indigenous culture.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 11 September 2022 9:20:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The views of Caitlin Moran (NRLW football player) are her own, and she is entitled to them. In a free and democratic society one should be able to express a contrary view to the majority. I am more concerned about what the monarchy represents, rather than the individuals, I was neither upset or please on hearing the news of the death of the 96 year old Mrs Windsor. Some might demand we all flagellate ourselves in grief to demonstrate our loyalty to the Establishment as represented by the Monarchy, but I am not about to do that, others may but that's them.

p/s I don't wish Charles III the same grizzly end as his ancient ancestor Charles I.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 12 September 2022 5:59:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,

Did you happen to watch 60 Minutes las night and
then the program that followed it on Chanel 9?
It was very moving. Especially seeing old family
movies of the royals. It wasn't easy trying to keep
in mind that this was not an ordinary family. I
was moved by it all. It did affect me.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 September 2022 9:30:27 AM
Caitlin Ni Morain, is indeed entitled to her own opinions but as a prominent sports woman is not entitled to express derogatory remarks about someone who has just died without expecting adverse consequences.
Note that out of respect for her dominant culture I have used her name in Irish and in the correct gender.
With her mane of red hair and her features she is truly representative of the Celts of Ireland.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 12 September 2022 9:38:55 AM
I love the hypocrisy of the media, especially the ABC, as it runs old, no cost footage and pretends it really liked the Queen and what she stood for.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 September 2022 9:49:59 AM
Someone I do not like, is King Charles 111. And, unlike the media, I don’t believe he will change his stripes. Still, anything is better than another low-life politician that the republicans want as Australia's head of state.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 September 2022 10:00:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16