The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Last 'Debate'

Last 'Debate'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. All
I think we might be trying to over value our politicians, the job requires no qualifications at all, heck, Barnyard Joy is a politician and his only qualification for the job is his ability to chase the chicks. A garbage truck driver requires more qualifications than a politician. Having said that, there are some very decent people in politics, I should know, I've met them.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 May 2022 6:06:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I didn't watch the government’s campaign opening - partly because I'm sick of hot air; partly because it is absurd to do it a week before the election - the duds compelled to vote still won’t have their minds made up.

But, one commentator who did watch it thought that Morrison’s idea of getting into your super to get you into your own home was a good idea - self-help, and no government owing 40% of your house.

The other thing was that Morrison did not mention Albo. In contrast, Albo in response, whined: "Scott Morrison, Scott Morrison, Scott ....... ..".
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 May 2022 10:25:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The main yapping is now over, with neither side mentioning their bipartisanship on mass immigration. An average of 200,000 immigrants annually since 2017. Lower wages. Pressure on inadequate infrastructure. Both sides have decided that the electorate, a majority if which opposes high immigration, will not be listened to.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 May 2022 12:14:23 PM
Just as they philosophically oppose Medicare, the Coalition think universal superannuation is also bad. The idea of dipping into ones supa to help fund a home deposit has its pitfalls, independent economists have panned the idea as lacking real benefit to first home buyers. This has been a last minute "thought bubble" by the frantic Morrison, no modelling, just a desperate pitch to voters.

"Minister for Superannuation Jane Hume has conceded the Coalition's recently announced first home buyer policy would increase house prices"

"Economist Saul Eslake said the Coalition scheme would do nothing to address the root causes of housing affordability."

"My initial reaction was that I wanted to scream that this reckless inflation of house prices must stop," he said.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 May 2022 2:45:11 PM
One Nation is the only party with the courage and common sense to call for a reduction in immigration to "take the pressure off our overburdened health and education systems, reduce road congestion, improve job opportunities and wages for Australians, and improve housing accessibility and affordability".

.low emissions coal power
.restore 90 day fuel security policy
.nuclear power
.dams
.no land sales to foreigners
.critical thinking in classrooms; no gender rot or self-shaming
.no increases to GST
.no UN undermining of our Constitution
.responsible gun ownership
.Royal Commission into Covid bungle
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 May 2022 3:11:57 PM
ttbn, you shock me, I would never pick you as a far right One Nation supporter. All those hundreds of "progressive" thinking posts you've put up, bucketing on anyone whose not like you. I thought last time when you were backing Corny Banana, you were only pulling our leg. Was I wrong?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 May 2022 3:42:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...