The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Last 'Debate'

Last 'Debate'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. 15
  15. All
The government officially opens its campaign today, after a million plus people have already - many illegally as the AEC doesn’t police the requirements - cast their votes. That's another thing needing to be looked at. Vote on the day, except for very special reasons.

Still, there are 17 million other voters ready and able to do the business normally next Saturday, so it probably doesn’t matter that much: principle is not important any more.

Also, while Albo has been telling us how much of our money he is going to spend on his mates, the 20% slump in global markets seems to have been overlooked; a slump that is already being seen as a harbinger for a world-wide recession.

Tough times ahead, which will likely see Albo's grand, but economically illiterate, plans come to nothing.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 15 May 2022 10:16:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Labor has shown their total lack of principals with their "Not my job" adds.

They know very well they are lying to the population by quoting Morrison totally out of context, but are probably very proud of themselves for coming up with such a "clever" con.

It tells us they are just like their mates the US Democrats. Cheating is part of the plan, honesty & equity have no place in their ideology.

It is a pity we don't have someone really outstanding we could vote for, to give both the majors some time they deserve in the wilderness.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 15 May 2022 1:13:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But Hassy, you have the Lovely Pauline, Fat Clive and "What's-His-Name" to choose from. That should keep you busy for half an hour at the polling booth. I'm sorry Adolf is not running this time to make your choice easy.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 15 May 2022 6:06:59 PM
I knew you would approve Paul, & i guess the company you keep are dumb enough to fall for it.

God help us.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 15 May 2022 8:16:24 PM
Hassy, which God are you referring to, there are so many to choose from. If you are not happy with a choice from the 10,000 or so God's available at the moment, simply make one up for yourself, lots of people have done so in the past, and very successfully I hasten to add. Give him some characteristics you desire, and don't forget to give him lots of power, he will have to reside somewhere, up in the clouds is a popular choice, but he could just as easily reside in your septic tank, it don't much matter. and don't forget to give him a real spicy name, it all helps.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 15 May 2022 10:28:18 PM

Dear Hasbeen,

You wrote :

« It is a pity we don't have someone really outstanding we could vote for, to give both the majors some time they deserve in the wilderness »

He or she does not have to be “outstanding”, Has been, (I think that’s too much to ask) – just “honest” would be good enough for me. If he or she were honest he/she would have a keen sense of his/her own strengths and weaknesses – and choose the right people as members of the government team.

For that, he/she would need to possess two qualities :

• be capable of correctly judging people – and delegating authority to those who are judged worthy of trust

• be a natural leader

I don’t think that’s too much to ask, but I’m not sure that that is what’s on offer at this election.

We’ll have to wait and see. As they say : “the proof of the pudding is in the eating”.

Personally, I haven’t yet digested the last lot.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Monday, 16 May 2022 12:08:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 13