The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > OBSESSION, The rise of radical Islam.

OBSESSION, The rise of radical Islam.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
>>Pericles Why are you so full of hate towards this lovely women who helps others<<

TarynW, I have said nothing in the least hateful in my posts. I have simply asked some questions, when her posts don't make sense. Just to be on the safe side, I even prefaced my first post with "KatieO, I am sure that you are a very caring and compassionate person...". No sarcasm, just a supportive observation.

But this bit really puzzles me.

>>You shake with fear so the sake of speakng out... Ok I get that YOUR scared but why try to stop David from his comments. Why rubbish Kate?<<

I have never tried to stop anyone making comments or observations. Similarly, I expect the same courtesy, that when someone says something that I find puzzling, I will question it.

Boaz's posts are so full of anti-Islamic fear and loathing, he is a bit of an easy target.

KatieO, on the other hand, seems to assume that her personal situation gives her leave to say the same things without being questioned. She may be Australia's answer to Mother Theresa, but that still does not give her permission to print rubbish, and expect to be left alone.

>>There culture in its political expressin, family affairs, dietary laws, clothng, religis rites, lagauge, etc, is to be imposed on all other cultures.<<

If I decipher this correctly, this is the nub of your argument. If someone doesn't stop "them", "they" will take over all these aspects of your life, which is obviously of concern to you.

I happen to disagree, fundamentally and totally.

Your concern that I might be fearful of something is also unfounded; I have every faith in our population's ability to absorb new cultures and new ideas, and to grow stronger as a result.

>>My muslim frends know extreme groups are set on taking the western world over,.. they fear it and so should you.<<

I don't. I am a realist and a pragmatist. Terrorists have absolutely no chance of taking over, particularly a country as much at peace with itself as Australia.
Posted by Pericles, Saturday, 8 September 2007 5:45:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy