The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Young Israelis imprisoned for refusing to serve in the military

Young Israelis imprisoned for refusing to serve in the military

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Nathan,
So you go along with the statement that rape is an inconvenience of an hour or so’s duration,
I couldn’t care less about Yuyutsu’s aversion to conscription, that’s not the point, it is his, and your, trivialising of rape that is the aberration; did you amuse yourself as a child by pulling the wings off flies?

Perhaps I should have mentioned the trauma of those women who became pregnant and went to full term in the past and those today who have their pregnancy terminated, often their first child which should have been a great and fulfilling experience; an experience of which they were robbed.
Then there were those who died in childbirth or from complications.

Frankly you and Yuyutsu are sick.
Now do you get it?
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 30 January 2022 5:52:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

You are using the guilt by association fallacy.

You are trying to associate something to my argument that is not relevant.

All I am saying is that people will have different responses to their experience, whatever that experience is. In this case it just happens to be the military.

The fact that you dislike Yuyutsu's emotion in terms of his reply is irrelevent and if anything rude. As I stated Yuyutsu is expressing a view that has come from military service he was forced into.

Either you accept that people are negatively affected by their time in the military or you don't. If you do that is a start.

If you do not, then simply do one thing, leave Yuyutsu alone. Finally, I don't see any value from your counselling and I will not be referring anyone onto yourself who needs any type of counselling.

I means what happens if they were refer to the military in a way you didn't like? What would you do to them? Who knows?
Posted by NathanJ, Sunday, 30 January 2022 6:20:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nathan,
Obviously people can be affected by their military service, I mainly deal with people who have been affected by military or similar service; been doing it off and on for some 60 years.
Off and on because that avoids burnout.
Never in all those years have I met anyone who compared his experiences to rape.

Yuyutsu freely entered this discussion and freely belittled the experiences of rape victims, more than once.
For that he should apologise to victims in general as should you for defending his stance.

But then, you don’t get it.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 30 January 2022 7:22:15 PM
Is Mise,

If I was running a counselling service, like you seem to be, I would not be questioning a person who has been forced into military service. They are going to express a view in terms of how they feel. It's emotive. It's a view from their own perspective. It is not my role to judge that person. End of story.

In the same way I will not judge the ANZAC'S for example. If an ANZAC told me their experience in the war was akin to something, I'm not going to essentially turn around and say "how dare you!" just because of statements made or words used.

A true counsellor would not do that.

In terms of what Yuyutsu has put here, you have read that for the first time. Learn from it. Provide support for Yuyutsu, guide him to a pathway of healing and not cheaply attack him in a public environment.

Finally, I would suggest vetrans use this service re counselling, a service founded by Vietnam Veterans, now for all veterans and families. http://www.openarms.gov.au/
Posted by NathanJ, Sunday, 30 January 2022 9:37:29 PM
Nathan,
I’m off tomorrow on an extended pig hunt, two years ago we killed 800, this time we’re told that they’re thicker, so we hope for 1,000.

Consequently I can’t be bothered corresponding with thoughtless people who think that rape is an innocent hour of discomfort, see you in a fortnight, if I can be bothered.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 30 January 2022 10:03:23 PM
Dear God,

Should my sins be so heavy that I deserve to come back again to this world as a human and for expiation re-experience the horrors I underwent in the army in this life, and should there be a way to mitigate this punishment by instead being born a woman and undergo rape of the sexual kind, even if this leads to pregnancy, even if I will have to carry the resulting baby for 9 months, then please allow me that latter option in your great mercy. This I pray. Amen.

---

Dear Nathan

What kind of sensitivity could one expect from someone who enjoys killing others?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 30 January 2022 11:13:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy