The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Western Civilisation In Crisis

Western Civilisation In Crisis

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. All
No matter the topic. No matter who raises it. Discussions invariably end up with a tunnel-visioned, self-congratulatory discussion beween (there aren't of enough them to say 'among') the Leftist wankerati. Small wonder fewer people bother initiating a topic these days.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 8:14:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Joshephus,

Pray tell where would the US democracy be if progressives hadn't torn down slavery, given women the vote, and forced civil rights through its statute books.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 8:36:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR, Who were the progressives whose principles were that all persons were created equal.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 8:47:49 AM
Josephus,
> The New York Times’ stated goal with the “1619 Project” is to influence the curricula of K-12 schools nationwide.
Fair enough.

> They teach young people that slavery—not freedom—is and always will be the central
> and defining idea of the American experience, making our country irredeemable.
I've seen many cases here of people putting 2 and 2 together and making twenty two. But I think this is the first instance they've made forty two... thinking that putting a neglected part of history onto the curriculum will make it take over life, the universe and everything!

And of course everyone should be pro police. But being pro police does NOT mean opposing holding the police accountable for their actions, nor opposing limiting police powers. And, as David Leyonhjelm has proved here on multiple occasions, you don't have to be left wing to oppose policing by overwhelming force.

There are serious threats to western civilisation, as I've mentioned further up the thread. But right wingers tend to ignore these and instead focus on a "radical left" that's mostly (though not entirely) imaginary.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 8:50:32 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Proud Boy Jose'

Its so malicious of people to mention slavery in America, after all you know it was no more than a passing aberration, nothing more than an isolated incident in American history. Possibly one or two may have been enslaved, but they were quickly released. Rather than entertaining what was a non-event, wouldn't you much prefer to think of the Pilgrim Fathers, and shouldn't colonial American history be based on re-runs of the Daniel Boone Show.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 8:57:31 AM
The meeting of the Continental Congress 1776;

James; "I've knocked up the D of I on the good old Commodore 64, you've all got a copy".

George; "What's this bit about, "All Men Are Created Equal" sounds a bit Bolshy. What about the Black Fellas?

James; "It don't include the BLACK FELLAS, George!"

George; "That's good, I've got a bunch of em' work'n my cotton field at the moment for nicks, wouldn't be right if they were equal.

James; " Well George you're safe. Anyone else"

Benjamin; "Jimmy, what you've got here is the Indians are equal with US!"

James; "Nah, Benny it goes without saying, the Indians arn't equal, otherwise we couldn't shoot em', and steal their land."

The Lads; "True, true, very true, good point Jimmy."

Thomas; "Does this include WOMEN!"

James; "Of course not Tom! Women, are good for cleaning, cooking and having babies. Not good for constitutional stuff like us guys. You guys should know the pecking order by now, men first, then boys, the horse, the family cow then the women and girls. We're not included the horse and cow have we, why would we include women!"

The Lads; "True, true, very true, good point Jimmy."

James; "All in favour say I"....carried.... next topic, the pesky British."
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 9:38:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. 13