The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > An Open Letter To PM John Howard, From An Australian Muslim Cleric , Sheikh Haron !

An Open Letter To PM John Howard, From An Australian Muslim Cleric , Sheikh Haron !

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Hi James
We are talking about Australia, not America. Aren't these two different countries? Or you want to say , like many others, that Australia is a puppy dog of America so that's why we can give an example from USA if we are asked "example" from Australia?
I don't think so. :)
Posted by P_Dox, Saturday, 25 August 2007 4:28:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So we are victimising the Muslims again.They just don't get it.If Australian was a Muslim country and Christians were committing terrorism here all Christians would be either dead or expelled.Hezbolah want to wipe Israel from the map and most Muslims think that this is a normal way of thinking.Is it any wonder we are suspicious of them?

You have freedom of expression here so treasure what doesn't exist in most Islamic countries.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 25 August 2007 4:46:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi StG niceeee to meeeeet you :)

Well ... are you serious? Haven't you seen Thursday with an "e" before? Oh that's bad, I just typed "Thurseday" and found 91 sites on net written with an "e". I am happy I am the first person to let you know that Thurseday is common, although "Thursday" is correct one.

I am also happy that you notice the details, so I expect you more than others to notice the details of the question of this thread 'without talking about other subjects, please let me know what your answer is?

By the way for the example of "terrorist acts by Non Muslim suspect and the reaction of government to that" I refer you to the thread posted by David_BN in this forum.

:) (special smilee with an extra "e" 4 u)
Posted by P_Dox, Saturday, 25 August 2007 4:47:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
P_Dox,

Yes Australia is a seperate nation from the US, and long may it remain so.

I was pointing more at the public reaction. Just after the Oklahoma bombing, everyone assumed it was an arabic muslim who had done it, because they had been conditioned by previous events and a media message that said most terrorists are arabic muslims. The shock and horror when it was discovered that the brutal act was carried out by a white christian american knocked everyone back on their heels. They didn't know what to do.

I think if the situation happened here you would get a similar reaction. For a long time now we have become conditioned to equate terrorism with islamic fundamentalism, the mental shifting of gears to accomodate a white christian terrorist would be quite difficult for a lot of people.
Posted by James Purser, Saturday, 25 August 2007 4:52:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
James Purser,
You are right and in view of the events around the world, if I were to investigate a terrorist bombing here, i would certainly start in SW Sydney. Muslims have been associated with a number of violent acts here and the shoot up of Lakemba police station could be classed as a terrorist act.

P_Dox. If that letter was open, can you give us a link.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 25 August 2007 5:04:55 PM
James Purser,

The identity of the OKC bomber may have come as a surprise to many Americans. But I don't think it's true to say they "didn't know what to do."

They executed him.

His white skin did not save him.

The only American of note who tried to glorify McVeigh was actually a well-known LEFT wing author, Gore Vidal. Here is a link to Vidal's rant in Vanity Fair.

http://www.geocities.com/gorevidal3000/tim.htm

McVeigh did it to avenge Waco you see?

Just as the London bombers, all of them successful and amateurish, allegedly did it to avenge, well, something.

It can never be simply a case of a twisted ideology acting on twisted minds, can it?
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Saturday, 25 August 2007 5:12:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy