The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Vaccine Rollout in Australia

The Vaccine Rollout in Australia

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Morrison promised that 4 million Australians would be vaccinated by the end of March, a little over 600k have been done thus far, about 15% of the promised number. The blame game has started with the Feds bucketing on the states, claiming its they who are causing the problems. Well, the New South Wales Coalition government seen red over that assertion. Both Liberal Primer Gladys Berejiklian and Health Minister Brad Hazzard returning fire at their federal colleagues, with claims of failings on their part. Queensland Deputy Labor Premier Steven Miles also took a few pot shots at Canberra. Federal government minister David Littleproud, returned firer telling the states to "pull their finger out".

The vaccination of the population is a federal responsibility, with the states offering to assist. Like with their responsibility in other areas, aged care and hotel quarantine the Morrison government has abrogated its responabilities to the states, then blamed the (Labor) states when things have gone wrong. Will we see more of this unwarranted blaming of the states as the Morrison government cocks up the vaccination rollout, and fails their promised "everyone vaccinated by October" undertaking. Scotty from marketing can't get away with his usual spin, his use of smoke and mirrors wont hold up, only jabs in arms will count.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 1 April 2021 6:11:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To put some facts into the ring. https://www.health.gov.au/node/18777/australias-covid-19-vaccination-policy. The situation is not quite as stated. There would also be the "small matter" of the EU seizing our a big swag of our vaccines.
Posted by GrahamY, Thursday, 1 April 2021 9:19:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,

I have to confess that I am very nervous about this
entire matter. Hopefully I shall change my mind as
things progress. At the moment I won't be rushing
to get a jab.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 1 April 2021 10:22:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
GrahamY,

I know you're new to the group but if you want to post links you need to remove the 's' from 'https' for the software to recognise it as a URL.

:)
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 1 April 2021 10:44:48 AM
Why is it that its always those who most clamour for more and bigger government who are the ones who whine the loudest when they find out that more and bigger government ALWAYS screw up.

This whole thing was being run by governments and more exactly their bloated bureaucracies. That it's not running like clock-work is hardly a surprise. Nothing run by these groups runs like clock-work or anything approaching that level of efficiency.

Its axiomatic.

All those that want the jab will get it - eventually. But the roll out will run at the speed of government.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 1 April 2021 10:50:50 AM
"Why is it that its always those who most clamour for more and bigger government who are the ones who whine the loudest when they find out that more and bigger government ALWAYS screw up", from mhaze.

Oh, so telling. Love it!

I'm having my first vaccination next Wednesday. I didn't seek it, but my doctor asked if I was OK with it during one of my necessary regular visits on other matters.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 1 April 2021 11:20:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy