The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Okay, who else is going to miss Trump even a little bit?

Okay, who else is going to miss Trump even a little bit?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
I mean come on, the entertainment he has provided over the last four years has been outstanding. Though admittedly I have the luxury of living here rather than there.

And I will admit there has been some things he has done that I have applauded. For instance I have enjoyed seeing the right pivot on free trade. I have taken perverse enjoyment in seeing the corruption and nepotism of the elite flaunted with few of the usual filters in place. I have also enjoyed seeing the religious right in the US losing so much of the moral high ground by supporting him.

I have a very real sense of him being a cathartic figure, where some of the things that have deeply afflicted the US have been exposed and will have been reckoned with to a degree under his presidency.

I'm not comfortable with him losing his Twitter access but think those in Australia who ran the line that the Murdoch papers are privately owned therefore can spout whatever slanted point of view they want have a difficult time making the case that Twitter should be directed to reinstate it.

The hope for the Democrats will come down to how much influence the likes of Sanders has on the party.

But Trump managed to knock the scab off many things and what Americans have seen lying underneath has forced a rethink by many.

If done right this should allow a valuing and strengthening of its institutions.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 13 January 2021 1:31:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux,

One day I will visit the US and go to see great tourist sights like Disneyland, Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, and the Great Unfinished Wall of America along the Mexican border.

And far more importantly, Trump has shown Americans that even a lowly billionaire like him can become the President of the United States of America.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 13 January 2021 4:38:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not going to miss him, I will however lament the opportunity missed to rid the World of the poisonous Left !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 January 2021 4:51:41 PM
individual,

These cryptic comments of yours have to stop.

I don't know if Left is Right, Right is Left, or Wrong is not Left.

Stop it! Please stop it! You're driving me crazy!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 13 January 2021 4:57:30 PM
Dear Mr. Opinion,

«One day I will visit the US and go to see great tourist sights like Disneyland»

Really? So you do not actually believe what you tell us daily here, that China will take over Australia - for then we will all be either dead or slaves.

Or perhaps... you expect the CCP to grant you special privileges like a passport to see America, in reward for all the demoralisation you cause in this forum?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 13 January 2021 5:45:05 PM
Yuyutsu,

Bingo! You guessed it: We will all have Chinese Australia passports.

Which means you will no longer have Taiwanese citizenship and will probably be working in a re-education camp somewhere on the upper reaches of the Huang He (Yellow) River.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 13 January 2021 6:08:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy