The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Qantas will ban travellers who don't have the COVID vaccine - yes or no?

Qantas will ban travellers who don't have the COVID vaccine - yes or no?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 26 November 2020 4:55:00 AM

Comment 1-

To extrapolate that this is related to free speech or the right to life is a nonsense. The public good has to be a consideration...

Answer 1- Yes the public good is a consideration- but when "companies" are effectively creating law- this is another thing. Not sure I would want the Sleeping Giants creating law for me.

Comment 2-

As for bank account denial and political affiliation, not in this country, want to show some evidence.

Answer 2-

Yes someone mentioned that their Commonwealth Bank account was closed for their political views. Yes admittedly it is an anecdotal report. I think in this persons case they didn't want to make the issue public because of other implications to their privacy.

From memory there have been many cases of Paypal, eBay, Amazon denying access to funds from customers and supporters based on political views of the provider. This is why many organisations have moved to Patreon- although even Patreon has been under pressure to deny access to it's platform to certain groups.

Similar things have happened- apparently the Sleeping Giants closed down Murdoch's "Your Money" TV channel by making claims of racism to their advertisers. Even Google is influencing discussion on OLO by threatening to withdraw advertising.

Admittedly I did a quick Google search and I wasn't able to see any reports of closure of bank accounts due to political views.

I am concerned with services that have been come to be considered "basic utilities" like Google Search for example becoming politicized and denied for something that isn't illegal through the inapproapriate use of so called "standards of conduct". There's not much that Australia can do about things that operate externally to Australia (apart from blocking them) but companies like Qantas are another thing.

I probably wouldn't object if the ones that were being discriminated against were communists- but there you go
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 26 November 2020 7:32:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CM,

In a duty of care scenario, QANTAS may have a case for a "no vax no fly" rule. Like the requirement of a passport to establish identity facts about an arrival for obvious reasons, a vaccination certificate may be an imposed government requirement to protect both fellow travellers and those in the country of destination.

At the moment you wouldn't want plane loads of folks from the Land of the Brave, and Home of the Free landing on your doorstep unannounced without a jab or three. Particularly from South Dakota run by a sycophantic Mini Trump woman, 60% of those being tested are returning a positive result.

As for the bank and other stuff, no evidence, therefore can't agree that's true or not.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 26 November 2020 9:42:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We already have no vaccination, no childcare.

This is probably reasonable, as vaccination against childhood diseases are pretty well proven.

Anything that comes out against Corona in the next couple of years will be very short of testing & being proven not only effective, but also safe.

There are also some pretty good reasons to believe a whole lot of profiteering, & corruption is involved.

I'll drive rather than submit to one to be able to fly.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 27 November 2020 1:14:11 AM
I won't be flying any time soon so this won't affect
me. However, it may affect my family members some of
whom travel to Europe every couple of years.

I'm not sure what laws airlines can bring into effect
I imagine that the government and our medical experts
may have a say in all of this and will insist in doing
what's best for the country and all concerned.

Lets wait and see what if anything develops.
Nothing has been settled as yet.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 27 November 2020 9:14:22 AM
plantagenet,

Lost. But not fair and square. People who are actually Americans and actually know what they are talking about are quite certain of the corruption and Big Tech manipulation of voters that has seen Trump off. Corruption in the US is as much part and parcel of the scene as it is in the other Americas to the south. It's something we Australians do not understand - even you Lefties. The Greens would understand, naturally.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 27 November 2020 10:48:10 AM
Total nonsense.

Trump's claims of fraud and corruption have
been proven baseless. Legally they have humoured
him and judges have not found anything. Biden won
by a majority. The only ones claiming fraud are
Trump and his crazies. Who happen to have LOST!

Get over it - and move on!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 27 November 2020 12:32:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All