The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Make heroes less necessary

Make heroes less necessary

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. 18
  14. All
david f,

But at least Scott Morrison got to spend Xmas 2019 in Hawaii.

Nero 'fiddled' while Rome burned. But at least he was smart enough to make sure he was well away from Rome when it happened.

A bit like Scott Morrison.

Who said history doesn't repeat itself?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 21 October 2020 9:41:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi (again) DAVID F...

Despite your veritable modesty and the fact you're ninety-five years of age, I'd back your memory and version of events, far more so than my own. And I'm (only) nearly eighty years. I would say positively, you would be the smartest most intelligent contributor on this Site. Moreover, you never brag about it, which I find so refreshing and compelling about your character. I may not agree with you, but I'll always take close notice of what you say, knowing there's much wisdom, as well as facts, contained in your narrative. DAVID F you're one of a kind Sir, and I admire you greatly, even though I might not agree with your strategic position on some matter or other.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 21 October 2020 12:12:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

That's because he is a mathematician.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 21 October 2020 12:30:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi MR OPINION...

Thank you for that Mr O. Obviously, he's very intelligent, and a widely read individual, far far, smarter than me. I spent most of my working life in the military, and later, over 32 years in the police force, 'til I retired. So short of the simple arithmetical computations you need to use throughout one's life before the advent of electronic calculators took over, that was my limit I'm afraid. Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 21 October 2020 12:43:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He's also a computerologist.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 21 October 2020 12:58:43 PM
The fire chiefs accurately predicted the eventuality of the fires.
david f,
Then why on Earth did they not back-burn in time if they had the time to do it ? In the back of my yard the bush started to dry out back in June.
I asked the local fire warden if they could please burn so the next burn in the real dry season will lack severity. They burnt & a couple of weeks ago when the 'big fires' went through, no damage occurred.
We, I & the firies did it all without calling the PM. Admittedly, we don't have the moron experts who won't allow back-burns like down South & let the fuel build up to an unmanageable state & then all hell brakes loose & then blame the PM.
I know you have a duty to defend the experts but please don't blame the PM if it's the experts who are failing us all. If funds are the problem then they'd better get more competent people who can manage without constant funding demands. Sort of like most practical people are doing !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 21 October 2020 8:34:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17