The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Congratulations to the Greens for their new Senator for Victoria

Congratulations to the Greens for their new Senator for Victoria

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
"Lidia Alma Thorpe (born 18 August 1973) is an Australian politician, businesswoman and activist. She is currently a Senator for Victoria, representing the Australian Greens, and is also the first Aboriginal Senator from Victoria."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidia_Thorpe

She has even won aclaim on Australian Hunting Forum where her pro-hunting stance has been much appreciated; it's not often that a Green is seen to be in favour of the taking of native animals for productive use.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 14 October 2020 3:59:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Issy,

Like many Greens I am not opposed to the necessary sustainable management of native fauna, kangaroos in particular. What has to be opposed is the reckless and senseless indiscriminate destruction of both habitat and native animals by the crazy recreational shooters and hooters, like the well known crazy, the infamous wombat killer, and used car salesman, Tony Azzi.

Not being familiar with the 'Australian Hunting Forum' myself, maybe you can provide a link or some such evidence of "acclaim" being heaped on Greens Senator Thorpe from Victoria, who incidentally I am also not familiar with, but being a Green I'm sure she will be a valued contributor to the Australian politic in Canberra.

BTW, are you still backing Trump to win the election over there? I'll hold you to that one if you should get it wrong.

BBTW, hate to be like a Issy nit picker, but acclaim has two C's. Get onto that spell checker of yours; 'Gruberly', have no need myself as I am PARFICT when it comes to such things!
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 15 October 2020 7:18:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How can Lidia Alma Thorpe be in the Australian Senate representing Citizens of AUSTRALIA when she claims she is not Australian. She is an uneducated traitor!

The Greens have another agenda behind this to destroy our Western democratic values.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/exclusive-why-our-next-senator-doesnt-identify-as-australian-she-was-steeled-growing-up-in-housing-commission-her-resilience-hardened-by-racism-and-when-lidia-thorpe-thought-shed-escaped-she-became-trapped-again-this-is-her-inspiring-story/ar-BB15XYBU
Posted by Josephus, Thursday, 15 October 2020 7:37:52 AM
Prod Boy Jose' better than having some fake American terd pretending to represent the people. How's your Aussie chapter of Proud Boys going, planning anything BIG?
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 15 October 2020 8:37:13 AM
Senators are supposed to be representing their state, not promoting racism and identity politics.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 15 October 2020 9:14:55 AM
But, hey. Anything goes in Australian politics today, with the NSW premier toughing it out and surviving a no confidence vote among other politicians who apparently approve of her behaviour. And there is media yap that the public sympathises with her.

The adage that voters get the politicians they deserve has never been truer in Australia, as they keep voting for the same lowlife, career politicians.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 15 October 2020 9:43:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy