The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Vice Presidential Debate

Vice Presidential Debate

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All
The one and only US Vice Presidential Debate will be broadcast on SBS TV, Thursday 12noon-1.30pm, our (Australian Eastern) time, 8th October.

It will pit Pence’s years of mature Vice Presidential experience against Kamala Harris’ skills as a prosecuting lawyer and State politician.

The debate will be 90 minutes long, divided into 9 segments of 10 minutes, chosen by the moderator, Susan Page (of "USA Today").

Due to rising Debate Covid worries the candidates will be separated by plexiglass.

If it runs similar to the 2016 VP Debate http://youtu.be/LZpHW4DYcu4 Pence will be comparatively considerate.

Based on this 2019 Democrat Debate segment http://youtu.be/J1OvDB_wavI Harris will be incisive, on the attack.

The debate will be followed on SBS by a quick analysis of debate performance.
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 6 October 2020 1:50:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Pete for keeping us in the loop.

Once again I am looking forward to a debate except
that surely this time - I trust that we shall see
more policies and less insults.

Anyway, fingers-crossed for this one.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 6 October 2020 3:29:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My pleasure Foxy

Yeah, I think or hope, Pence sticks to policies - although, as ever, his strings are being pulled by his Boss.

Kamala Harris is likely to pull the Trump'n'Pence rug - as a future President should.

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 6 October 2020 3:46:12 PM
Hi Pete,

From what I've read it seems that they're going to have
plexiglass separating the candidates this time round.

And whether the second presidential debate is to go
ahead on 15th October depends on Trump's health.
There's talk of it being a "virtual" one.
I wonder if Trump will agree to that?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 6 October 2020 4:07:33 PM
Hi Foxy

Yeah I mentioned "plexiglass" in the opening post of this thread.

Plexiglass should make it easier to isolate interrupting candidates in switch off the mike scenarios for the VP debate and remaining Presidential debates.

Whether a moderator would dare switch off the mike of a POTUS (serial offender Trump) remains to be seen.

The Trumpit may be forced to hold a "virtual" one, from his sickbed, IF he really has Covid.

But "virtual" would do the whole World a favour because it'll make it easier to switch Trump off.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 6 October 2020 5:31:03 PM
I don't think these debates achieve much, albeit it may influence a small minority not tied to republicans or democrats.

I am sure a lot will salivate at the grandeur of the democrat candidate, as they tend to be the most articulate of bs artists.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 6 October 2020 6:19:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy