The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is Life?

What is Life?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. ...
  14. 31
  15. 32
  16. 33
  17. All
What is its purpose?
Well, it definitely shouldn't be about having to tolerate so many morons !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 23 May 2020 1:13:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

I really hate when people give their answer as "Here's an article, you can read all about what I know." It's like the person who repays a debt by saying "Joe owes me $20, you can get it off him."

I know Life adapts to environmental changes. Isn't that why Life has genes, to send messages to the cells about what's outside so that the cells can mutate in response to any changes that might stand in the way of survival?

What I am saying is that the role of Life is to feed. And it does this in all sorts of ways. But the common feature is that they all feed.

Do you or anyone else know of any other feature that all Life has in common, principally one that serves a specific purpose for the entity itself?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 23 May 2020 1:26:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'll try again with the link. It gives a
good summation from a biological point of view:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2019/03/27/what-is-life/#4d3ba9d71c77
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 23 May 2020 1:26:45 PM
Mr O,

Why don't you instead of asking questions continually
allow yourself to open up your mind and actually take
notice of the references being given in an attempt to
answer some of the relevant questions being asked.

You just may learn something. What you like or do not like
is irrelevant. You need to respect the views of others if
you want them to return in kind.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 23 May 2020 1:30:56 PM
Foxy,

I'm looking for answers, not empathy.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 23 May 2020 1:47:24 PM
Mr O,

In that case read the link being provided.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 23 May 2020 1:50:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24