The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'China’s Feet Must Be Held To The Fire'

'China’s Feet Must Be Held To The Fire'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 25
  15. 26
  16. 27
  17. All
why do you receive a government handout and I don't. Over that 50 years I
Paul1405,
Because you didn't pay tax as most people did, you exploited negative gearing to the fullest !
NG is nothing more than Welfare for business people ! Now why should they be supported AGAIN ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 27 March 2020 11:39:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't recall posting the lines two of the halfwits say I did. If I did, I got it wrong. However the halfwits, by digging into the past to 'get something' on other posters, are just continuing to display their childish, nasty natures and demonstrating their only reason for participating on OLO - to constantly nag and harass other posters as a way to fill their dreary, meaningless days. We've recently lost two posters like them: a Foxy and Belly. Those remaining are: SteeleRduxe, Paul 1405, Aidan and, on L plates, thinkabit. Maybe they, too, will go back to pulling wings off flies sometime in the future.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 27 March 2020 12:20:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn: "I don't recall posting the lines two of the halfwits say I did. If I did, I got it wrong."

You certainly did post that. I copied and pasted it straight from your comment. And no, I didn't have to go actively "digging into the past to 'get something' on other posters" because I distinctly remembered it. The reason why I remembered it is because at the time it struck me as being especially stupid and naive- outstandingly more idiotic than the usual drivel you write.

And as for "[they] are just continuing to display their childish, nasty natures and demonstrating their only reason for participating on OLO". I would like to point out that in this very thread in the previous post from you to me, you didn't refrain from associating me with a Nazi sympathizer. Most decent people I know would consider this a rather low, nasty, childish act. Especially since the very thing you were charging me with, ie. of effectively being a traitor because I dare to point out that our government's response to this crisis was and is a complete botch-up, is the exact same action that you decry the government of China doing when they "arrested doctors and whistle blowers". Does the word "hypocrisy" mean anything to you??
Posted by thinkabit, Friday, 27 March 2020 12:58:11 PM
China will feel the turnaround once it is no longer is the sole supplier of the World.
Posted by individual, Friday, 27 March 2020 1:29:56 PM
Indy, just as you paid income tax, but being employed in unskilled menial occupations as you were, you most likely paid minimal tax. You said you were a migrant, probably had difficulty with the language like many refugees at that time. I suppose you were not calling for a reduction in the minimum wage then, considering you were most likely on it.

Oddly, none of the conservative old farts on the Forum are calling for a reduction in the Aged Welfare handout (Pension), I wounder why that is, any ideas?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 27 March 2020 1:34:03 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

You write;

"We have transferred control of our electronics industry there, both by manufacture of the hardware but also of the mining & production of the metals required for much of modern electronic components & equipment."

Mate you take the cake. You were one of those crowing about the demise of the car industry here forcing us to buy Chinese made vehicles and now you are here bellyaching that the government allowed it to happen.

Sheer gobsmacking hypocrisy old chap
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 27 March 2020 2:14:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12