The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'China’s Feet Must Be Held To The Fire'

'China’s Feet Must Be Held To The Fire'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 24
  15. 25
  16. 26
  17. All
Hey Paul1405,
The Donald called ScoMo and had words.
He's fuming because ScoMo's made him look bad.
Apparently it takes more than half an hour for Trump's people to glue his wig on straight, and that's before they do his styling and powder puff.
Trump claimed the move was a threat to US National Security, but what really got ScoMo's nose and made him cave was the Donalds threats to ban him and his family from holidays in Hawaii.
ScoMo had no choice to walk it back, so the Donald could save face.
- And here we are -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 26 March 2020 8:59:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey AC,

Boris Johnson also rang ScumO', wanted to know; "What's a hair salon?" He's never been to such a place, Boris gives new meaning to the saying "having a bad hair day!" Unfortunately Boris seems to have a bad hair day everyday.

Indy, you always have these great ideas to penalise other sections of the community, but not the Aged Welfare mob, why is that, could it be you are wanting to keep all you can get. Like the $1,500 handout to pensioners, many who will receive the free money already have hundreds of thousands stashed in the bank, hardly seems fair.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 27 March 2020 8:20:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
You're getting paid so, why not complain about your Welfare payments ?
I & many others have paid up front. Do you ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 27 March 2020 9:07:11 AM
AC and individual,

I don't understand why you keep encouraging halfwits by responding to their crazed, infantile comments.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 27 March 2020 10:09:48 AM
Simple question Indy, I have probably paid as much tax, if not more, than you over the past 50 years in Australia, why do you receive a government handout and I don't. Over that 50 years I put away for my retirement, did you? In the past you have talked of the price of schooners at gods waiting room, that might give us some idea. That crap about paying tax in the past, yes you did, but it was spent by governments in the past for your benefit. Your welfare is now paid by the taxpayers, and government borrowing of today, not something you imagine you put away in the past, you would have got some supa on retirement. Yet you have the hide to crap on those who now, and in the future, will support you. Wanting to cut the minimum wage, cut the bloody pension!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 27 March 2020 10:19:51 AM
It's time to remind the public about the great ttbn's intellect. Here's a direct quote of his which is an outstanding display of the typical astuteness that he always brings to any conversation:

[the following is from a thread regarding the corona virus outbreak a week or so into Hubei's lockdown]-

"If it wasn't for an hysterical media, we wouldn't know about every virus that popped up. The interest in this one will last about a week, then the ABC and other leftist scaremongers will have to find something else to bellyache about."

Wow!! What a genius! Such foresight and understanding!!

Meanwhile lowly simpletons like me (well simpletons at least in his opinion) were doing stupid idiotic things (well what must appear to him to idiotic) like selling out all their shares in companies that they thought were vulnerable to a global pandemic share as airlines, planting out their vegetables gardens, consistently and methodically building up their reserves of food and supplies by buying a bit extra with each week's shop, moving forward their regular checkups (eg: doctor/dentist), warning family about the potential for this to be an absolute health and economic disaster, etc.
Posted by thinkabit, Friday, 27 March 2020 10:47:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11