The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'China’s Feet Must Be Held To The Fire'

'China’s Feet Must Be Held To The Fire'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All
Its an absurdity to carry-on a blame game featuring a "who done it".

China was not asked to become a centre of manufacturing for the West. It was pretty much thrust onto it, by profit seeking Capitalists. The same Capitalists who willingly dumped the West into a basket case of service industries.

If, if China could be criticised in any concrete way for the spread of the corona virus, it could only be on the grounds that there was a deliberate intent behind it.
There is more speculation around that it was actually a US plot, and they actually planted the virus in China.

The answer to who done it, is pretty much neutralised by the balance of rumour. Depending on which fantasy you choose.

China has suffered as much from the fall out of the corona pandemic as has the West.

It may now join the conga line in a global recession.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 24 March 2020 7:10:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair Critic.

That's a very short post for yourself. One wonders.

I feel at this stage some sensible debate is needed. Having checked out your video link, I don't think that conspiracy imagining fits the bill.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 24 March 2020 7:44:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan,

You say, "Its an absurdity to carry-on a blame game featuring a "who done it".". If you mean it won't do any good or make any difference, you are right. But, the point being made here is that certain people think the Chinese shouldn't be blamed because they are not white people; and that is what is really absurd. I'm talking about the white crackpots who think criticising a non-white person about anything is racist.

I don't think that our manufacturing was "thrust onto" China. The CCP are not that silly. They wanted to compete and to grow their economy, and they offered to do it a lot cheaper than the West could, with low wages and bloody awful conditions for their workers.

I agree that it should never have happened; but given that we have among the highest minimum wages in the world, and powerful and corrupt unions, the de-industrialisation of Australia was inevitable. It's hard to take back what workers have been used to receiving, but that's what is going to have to happen if we are ever to be self-reliant and independent again. And it's better than have nearly three quarters of a million people unemployed.

The 'speculation' about a US plot is just that. Lying, cheating and stealing is second nature to the Chinese Communist Party. And there is no "rumour" about Chinese complicity in the causing and spreading of the virus. They did it, alright.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 24 March 2020 7:48:38 PM
Ttbn

You cover three basic points.

1. Accusations of racism towards critics of China.

That one is a tangled web.
If our politicians actively implemented policies which favoured Chinese immigration which proves detrimental to Australians by dispossessing them as a result, then it's the fault of the politician.
Observing the ramifications of those policies too often results in racism against Chinese by those dispossessed Australians.

That situation is not the fault of Chinese I have concluded.

I have a personal choice here. In what direction do I direct my resentment at the dispossession? I prefer to resent politicians, and to remove my faith in a political system which I perceive is aligned against me. Then I look for the reasons politicians did that to me, and respond accordingly.
Attacking the Chinese is not intelligent.

2. The migration of our industrial base to Asia ( China etc),

You contradict youself here. On one hand you blame the unions for pushing for higher wages. On the other, you do not complain at the same volume that that migrating industry was happy to exploit sub standard wages and conditions.

At the time this occurred, inflation was running high with interest rates running accordingly.
It's the old " which is coming first, the horse or the cart?".

Unions were justified in fighting for wages which matched these paradigms. You lack understanding on the issue.

To prove my point, this was the time also of runaway housing prices. Interestingly those prices ceased to stop escalating at the same time the overpaid workers (as you put it), lost their jobs by the bucketload and took unemployment and scummy part time jobs as the alternative.
It was a beginning time of the great Australian divide between the rich and the poor.

3. Chinese Commuists have the monopoly on lying and cheating.
What...and our politicians are pure as the driven snow by comparison?
That's delusional stuff mate.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 24 March 2020 10:20:51 PM
Ttbn.

There are actually four main points on closer study of your text.

But first a correction on escalating house prices at the time of job losses.

I stated incorrectly that house prices ceased to escalate at that time.
That should read " prices failed to stop escalating when wages dropped and workers were faced with job losses and insecure employment and part time work as the norm".

4. You mention with apparent certainty, in your text, that Chinese were deliberate in releasing the corona virus.

That one we should discuss. Where is the evidence for that conclusion?

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 24 March 2020 10:37:38 PM
Dan,

When I said "They did it alright", I did not mean deliberately, because I don't have the knowledge to say that. However, I would not be surprised if it transpired that it was deliberate. Anything is possible with Communist totalitarianism.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 25 March 2020 8:11:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All