The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What do they know?

What do they know?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
A grim proposal to come out of the UK, when hospitals become stretched to the limit, those 80 and over should not be considered for Coronavirus treatment, such as respirators. Sounds rather callous, but all things considered it would give young people a fighting chance of building up herd immunity to the virus over time, and save the lives of many, and leave the youngest and fittest in society to carry on. This could become necessary in Australia as well.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 March 2020 9:48:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think I'm wasted!
diver dan,
Naw, you're a mistake, just ask your parents !
Posted by individual, Monday, 16 March 2020 10:26:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The early plagues were actually a positive turning point in history. Societies were forced to move along and develop new ways of survival.
A time for technological advancement. A period of enlightenment followed.
Very unhappy for the plagued residents though unfortunately.

Keeping to the generational theme of this thread, the question should be raised; is there a conspiracy to reduce the number of dependent aged burden on society, by the introduction of engineered viruses? That is by no means a novel theory. It has justice.

Currently the US defence department are supporting fellowships into the study of the dormancy of the plague bacteria at the death sites of African prairie dogs, a modern day carrier of the plague. And the reason? Possible use for resurrection of the plague as a bio-weapon.

What is strange about the idea of an engineered virus to introduce into enemy populations, which cause narcolepsy. Whole countries in sound sleep before invading armies.

I read my Grimms.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 17 March 2020 6:46:48 AM
Possible use for resurrection of the plague as a bio-weapon.
diver dan,
Just send aid in the form of sterilising food because we can't rely on people to exercise self-control !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 17 March 2020 7:03:32 AM
And what about the development of a virus which gives our pet dogs, the descendents of wolves, the recognition of Grandmothers as food value.

A virus with the added ability to etch signs on front doors; "no entry to woodcutters".

Mmm.

Grim Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 17 March 2020 7:19:42 AM
"A grim proposal to come out of the UK, when hospitals become stretched to the limit, those 80 and over should not be considered for Coronavirus treatment, such as respirators". Paul.

I very much doubt you would find many 80 year olds here Paul, who would not agree with this.

Most of us would definitely say, look after our kids first, & include other folks kids in that.

If I am unlucky enough to cop a dose my main hope is that the palliative care is operating efficiently. I don't mind the idea of leaving so much, but would prefer not do do it in extreme pain.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 18 March 2020 2:40:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy