The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > It ain't gonna rain no more!

It ain't gonna rain no more!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 16
  14. 17
  15. 18
  16. All
HASBEEN,
>If they don't have enough information to make even moderately accurate predictions a few days or weeks in advance,
They DID make even moderately accurate predictions.
The majority of Australia is STILL in drought!
Don't you know how to read?

>how the hell can they claim to have any idea decades & even centuries in advance

You didn't do your homework, naughty boy!

Keywords for climate Denier schoolboys to read in the dictionary:
WEATHER,
CLIMATE,
RECORD AS IN ‘RECORD DROUGHT 2019’, and of course
MYOPIC as in ‘He was myopic and thought his Shire portrayed the world.’
Posted by Max Green, Saturday, 15 February 2020 3:09:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
INDIVIDUAL

>So, what do you rational thinkers propose to stop the present trend in all things Climate ? Deny three billion people the comforts & frivolities of life that you thinkers enjoy ? Please tell us !

I have, but you didn't read it the first time.

This is the Ecomodernist Manifesto.

http://www.ecomodernism.org/manifesto-english

It has been co-authored by many of the world's top scientists, climatologists, biologists, and leading thinkers in civilisation.
http://www.ecomodernism.org/authors

It basically proposes accelerating the roll out of modern nuclear systems to power the world, modern agricultural production to feed the world, and that once a world of maybe 10 billion by 2050 has all we need to eat and be educated and empowered to enjoy a modern lifestyle, the global population will stabilise due to a worldwide demographic transition. But it all starts with clean energy, which WILL have to happen anyway because fossil fuel resources ARE finite and MUST be replaced with sustainble clean energy sources that can power us for hundreds of millions of years. The fact that climate change is REAL only makes this more urgent than peak coal anyway.

Australia has enough uranium to run the world for the first few centuries is just an added bonus for us, I guess.
Posted by Max Green, Saturday, 15 February 2020 3:16:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Opinion,

Those that believe in God and an afterlife shall never be disappointed.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 15 February 2020 8:01:54 PM
Hasbeen,

Meteorology is an applied science of probability, not of certainty. I mentioned a possible influence on the weather. That does not negate other influences.

Max,

As you know, the error of a prediction increases with increasing time frames, even if it is made by top scientists. Making predictions about the world in fifty or a hundred years might have entertainment value, but it is wasted as an intellectual exercise. Certainty is the present day. I think it far more sensible to focus efforts on present problems rather than make bad decisions for the present in the belief that you are mitigating problems you may face in decades hence. The bushfires are a strong example of why that is a bad idea.

Cheers
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 15 February 2020 9:27:07 PM
At my first lecture of my meteorology course, the prof walked in & said, "now chaps, I'm going to prove to you that meteorology is not the dry boring subject you all think it is". "You will find it not so boring the first time you get your little aircraft caught in a thunder storm, & besides if you can point up at a great big cumulonimbus cloud, name it & correctly predict a thunder storm, because you understood the effect of the approaching cold front you saw on the weather map, the girls are mightily impressed". I liked him from that moment.

I never did find the latter statement was correct, but his approach certainly made the subject more interesting. It was very useful when I was running tourist boats in the Whitsundays. With a little local knowledge added I could see from the mornings weather map, if I should take a couple of hundred land lubbers 48 miles out to the reef, or cancel that day.

It also gave me the understanding to forgive the Bureau when they got the landfall of a cyclone wrong by 48 hours, causing me to sail right through it, fortunately in moderately sheltered waters.

However, all that is weather, not the scam that is so called climate science.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 15 February 2020 10:47:41 PM
'Because you are devoutly religious people who explain their world by recourse to God.'

yes Mr O and you devoutly irreligious people explain the world by fantasy and denial. Have the fools found the missing link yet or are still continuing to revise your text books. No wonder you have adopted the gw religion when you are naïve enough to have swallowed the evolution myth.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 15 February 2020 11:08:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...