The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > It ain't gonna rain no more!

It ain't gonna rain no more!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. ...
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. 18
  17. All
"and as we have already seen oil is finite and about to peak."

Oil is always "about to peak". Has been about to peak for the last century. It never quite gets there though. Anyone who understands economics understands why...the rest, not so much.

Yes oil is finite. At current usage we'll run out of the stuff in 2000 yrs or so. Oh the humanity.

Of course, anyone who thinks we'll still be using oil in major quantities in 100 years just hasn't been paying attention to the last 300 years of innovation.

Nuclear isn't emission free..,,on a whole-of-life calculation it emits about 140g of CO2 per kwh. Lower than most power sources but not zero.

Ditto EV transport. Research the emissions related to mining rare earths to see how dirty the creation of these batteries really is.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 16 February 2020 3:59:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes mhaze Peak oil is another fantasy of the global warming fraudsters, & the elites who despise the ordinary folk, & want to put them back in their box. For so long I was silly enough to trust academics to tell us the truth, I am ashamed of my self.

In the 70s I was sailing around the Pacific islands & the fantasy had me dreaming of commercial sail making a comeback.

In the 80s I was breeding horses, show jumpers, & the same fantasy had be thing working horses might have a place after motor transport.

In the 90s we were making quality products of solid brass, & thought peal oil might reduce the competition of cheap plastic products. Instead the quality & volume of oil based plastic improved so much there wasn't much room for old fashioned brass quality.

The lying scammers will keep it up, until we jump on them, or they destroy the best civilisation yet developed.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 16 February 2020 6:56:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mhaze,
Nuclear isn't emissions free? Seriously? That's it? No scientific paper justifying why? You usually argue better than that and have me checking source documents: I'm disappointed. I actually had to define my terms and be careful with you the last few engagements. This isn't up to your usual standard!

But yeah, nuclear has some low amounts of Co2.
I already know why. Embedded energy.
The power plants are being made in a dirty economy.

But as we clean up the grid and generate alternative fuels for low emissions trucking and cleaner mining methods, we'll release less CO2.

Even better, after we build out this generation of reactors which could last 60 to 100 years (for just $130 billion for the whole of Australia for 80 to 100 years of clean reliable zero carbon power), by then we'll have perfected BREEDER reactors.

Once those babies are deployed, the 'nuclear waste' from a century of regular reactors will run Australia for ages. Breeders get 60 to 90 times the energy out of each bit of uranium. A century multiplied by 60 to 90? You get the picture. We could shut down uranium mining for a loooooooooong time!

That's even cleaner energy!
Posted by Max Green, Sunday, 16 February 2020 7:02:30 PM
Max,

"No scientific paper justifying why? "

Surely you realise that I lost interest in providing you with links, papers, research etc after you categorically refused to look at evidence I offered because it was correlated by people you didn't like.

If you didn't/don't know that on a whole-of-life basis nuclear has emissions roughly equal or double (depending on who's doing the calculations) that of solar and half that of natural gas, then you really haven't looked into very thoroughly.

This information has been available for a long time now although the proportions change over time. But I really don't have the energy or desire to do your research for you.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 17 February 2020 10:02:24 AM
Mhaze,
blah blah blah "I can't be bothered to link to scientific papers" blah blah.

You completely failed to demonstrate a reasonable adult understanding of the SOURCE of the CO2 emissions in nuclear, and I don't have to converse with an infant troll on this any more. Goodbye.
Posted by Max Green, Monday, 17 February 2020 10:12:56 AM
"blah blah blah "I can't be bothered to link to scientific papers" blah blah."

You put that [I can't be bothered to link to scientific papers] in quotes. But I didn't say that.

You really do struggle with even the simplest level of truth, don't you.

But somewhere in there, mainly through omission, we see an admission that nuclear isn't emission free, as per his original assertion.

So job done.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 17 February 2020 10:19:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13