The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > It ain't gonna rain no more!

It ain't gonna rain no more!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All
The latest Newspoll reveals that only 35% of respondents blame climate change for bushfires (that's about the percentage of the ABC audience), but 56% blame lack of hazard reduction. Another rebuff to the likes of Minority Max.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 25 February 2020 12:42:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Max,

No statistical relevance whatsoever, just thought that I'd share the good news.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 25 February 2020 1:11:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the only thing that is UNPRECENTED is the dumbed down media along with the pseuso scientist who keep pushing the gw lie. To think that still over 30% of people believe the recent bushfires were a result of burning coal is probably not surprising as of many of our illerate teachers prefer to show Al Gore movies than teach kids to read and write. The UNPRECENTED belief in such nonsense surely shows the UNPRECENTED dumbing down of society. No wonder we are behind Kazacstan in schooling.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 25 February 2020 2:44:24 PM
Sorry but I skim read you Hasbeen because I didn't see any links to any official sites: just your own 'opinions' and 'logic'.

You just dismiss everything I've linked to from the OFFICIAL BOM site because ... [insert tinfoil hat here.]

Am I correct? I didn't actually read a word, I was just looking for what official links you used. I didn't see any. Not a good sign.

Was I right or was I right?
Posted by Max Green, Tuesday, 25 February 2020 3:00:23 PM
I knew I should not bother trying to talk to an arrogant peanut greenie who thinks the only way of discussing any thing is appeals to authority.

How's the weather up the garden path where you've been led these days?
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 25 February 2020 9:07:13 PM
Meanwhile, anyone that respects climate science knows climate is about 30 or so year statistical averages and that *everything* that's happened is pretty much right on track.

Sadly, most of the state is *still* in record drought!

Sadly, there are *still* some bad fires out there.

Sadly, a warmer atmosphere is a wetter atmosphere which also means more flooding.

Sadly, climate change means contradictory things or "global weirding" as some climatologists put it: increased droughts and famines and fires but also increased floods. Look it up: they've said it all along.

But eeewww, I went back and read your post Hasbeen!

"Max the weather bureau, when they said no likelihood of significant rain before the end of May were speaking in terms of rain to help with the bush fires."

Ha ha ha ha, oh you make me laugh! Now it's all about putting the fires out! Except you didn't mention in this in the first post or pretty much till now!

Show me where *they* said that!

BTW: I'm not ashamed to appeal to authority when they're a scientifically backed organisation keeping reputable scientific data and reporting as accurately as they can on a chaotic scientific phenomenon like micro-climate forecasts.

But I'd be pretty darn ashamed if I outright *lied* about what an authority said, put it on record in a forum, and then couldn't verify my claim! That you call it an appeal to authority when I show what *you* said they said is wrong by showing what they *actually* said... well, you're just embarrassing yourself now.

I'm not appealing to authority: I'm debunking your false strawman appeal to authority!

Now about those quotes!

I've already shown you mine: how about you show us yours! ;-) Oh, that's right, you don't have one! ;-)
Posted by Max Green, Tuesday, 25 February 2020 9:36:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy