The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Wage Theft Systemic in Australia?

Is Wage Theft Systemic in Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
"Can it be this site largely, has become home for one extreme side of politics."
If that's true, then it's because our opinions are censored almost everywhere else.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 2 November 2019 10:25:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

Glad you mentioned the unions. They were certainly asleep at the wheel on this one.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 November 2019 10:30:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That spam is actually an invitation to get involved in online crime
AC no doubt, but for some not near all, the site would improve with some moderation
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 2 November 2019 11:02:07 AM
Wesfarmers workers have been underpaid millions. The company blames 'inadvertent errors' for the massive underpayments.

ttbn again displaying your anti union ignorance; "Glad you mentioned the unions. They were certainly asleep at the wheel on this one."

The right of unions to investigate the pay practices of businesses was removed by Fair Work on the insistence of big business. Of course they don't want scrutiny of their "wage book" it would show the extent of the rip-off, opening a can of worms. Where could you start if you really wanted investigate employers ripping off workers? Investigate all retailers, service businesses, all those take-away, markets, the GST avoiding cash in hand shonks, etc etc.

ttbn, I don't expect you would know anything about unions, never being a member. You would be the type to take the benefits as scab labour, but not willing to join up and pay the dues. Plenty like you out there!
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 2 November 2019 11:10:26 AM
Paul,

You are getting too far out of control to bother with, but I not going to let you get away with calling me ignorant, when you follow up your self with the totally ignorant statement that I have never been a union member. I have been a union member; indeed, I was an elected rep at one stage.

Still, that won't any difference to a mouth-almighty ignoramus like you, will it?
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 November 2019 11:25:18 AM
The worse example of wage theft in Oz is the money bureaucrats take home every fortnight for attending their place of "WORK", but never doing anything useful while there.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 2 November 2019 11:42:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All