The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Wage Theft Systemic in Australia?

Is Wage Theft Systemic in Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
INSANITY can be seen in every word some post
Paul yes know of a bloke who got workers to return to work one week early
While on annual leave, without pay
Some rural bosses own their workers
Rent the house they live in and even lend more than they can repay
Conservatives must stop wage theft and in an interview on ABC TV claim they are going to
Posted by Belly, Friday, 1 November 2019 10:39:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, don't you know what a Marxist is? Its people who love Groucho Marx. You do remember Groucho Marx don't you, he was ALMOST as funny as ttbn.

Hey, ttbn how about some big time examples of systemic over payment of employees!

If you want to know of businesses totally driven by the bottom line, and the pressure applied to "managers" to boost profits, try the big supermarket chains. At Woolworths this tip of the iceberg $300 million is not a bit of a mistake by lowly pay clerks, this was company policy. Why are Woolies fessing up now? They don't want any kind of impartial forensic investigation into something that could cost them billions. Where are Coles and the other big retailers on this.

A bloke took a job offsiding on a delivery truck for a large electrical and home goods retailer, well known to all. Supposedly the truck was operated by a "sub contractor". The blokes pay was $100/day cash in hand, hours 7am-7pm, being at call, lunch when you stop sometime. However they got to keep any old TV's they took away for customers, so the bloke in the store told him. I suppose they could put them on the 5 year interest free plan.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 1 November 2019 11:05:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

I love shopping at Big W. I get all of my
Birthday presents and Christmas presents for
the grand-kids there at a fraction of the cost
elsewhere - especially Lego sets and the Marvel
Superheroes series. Great stuff. Now I know why
things are cheaper there.

As for Marxists? Of course I know Groucho.
But I thought a Marxist was someone who got top
marks in everything. You learn something new on the
forum all the time (smile).
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 1 November 2019 11:57:38 AM
Paul/Foxy finally after all these years started online shopping
This last week and a bit, gee it worked well, most delivered in letter box, one a 100 meter walk to servo/PO
Looking for a Marxist santa to put up a tree in front year
Should look ok alongside the southern cross lest we forget army, and boxing roo there to welcome my visitors
Brother [best mate too] votes Liberal , and knows nothing about politics just thinks he does
Many do not read some posts, including mine, maybe we should stop replieing to our nasty niggler?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 1 November 2019 1:11:08 PM
then again we have employee theft estimated to be about 2.7 billion a year. Of course those who hate successful companies would never mention it. Never heard abc reporting on it or any of the other lying liberal media.
Posted by runner, Friday, 1 November 2019 4:08:29 PM
Runner you are not quite ok are you?
The rabbid extreme Christianity that in truth is harming that faith
Willingness to overlook very huge very real employer theft but highlight some thing you have given no evidence for
Posted by Belly, Friday, 1 November 2019 4:31:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All