The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Wage Theft Systemic in Australia?

Is Wage Theft Systemic in Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
But Indy, you're an Aged Pensioner, pay no tax, what you pay in GST is returned through welfare payments. Why are you latching yourself onto us taxpayers coat tails?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 13 November 2019 6:35:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"It is illegal in Australia for an employer to make automatic deductions from an employees pay without the employees consent.."

This guy is a complete tosser primarily for his dimwitted incomprehension as to what was written and his half arsed response.

I never said that there was no legal consent, but for example when your employment contract comes with a union membership application form and a tick box for consent to deduct fees there is more than a hint of duress.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 14 November 2019 8:41:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
paul1405,
Like many other pensioners I have already forked out the money that's now returned to me as a pension, have you ? Something tells me, not !
Posted by individual, Monday, 18 November 2019 1:34:27 PM
A tough industrial bloke like you Shadow, would tell them to stick their union membership where the sun don't shine, and take em' on.

Show us a registered industrial agreement that has a clause requiring consent be given to have union fees automatically deducted from wages.
As you have absolutely no experience with industrial matters its no wonder you have to resort to making up porkies. The union rep is the one who handles union application forms, not the employer. Give us an example of what you claim. Even the CFMMEU does it that way, my son-in-law is a member.

Maybe you are getting confused with your application to join the credit union.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 18 November 2019 4:34:28 PM
Indy, any tax you paid in the past was spent in the past by government. Nothing was put away so a pension could be paid to you today. Your next weeks pension comes out of this weeks tax on others, like me.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 18 November 2019 4:59:25 PM
next weeks pension comes out of this weeks tax on others, like me.
Paul1405,
Yep, just as your benefits are coming from others also. With blue collar workers it's a user pays system whereas with bureaucrats it's a taxpayers pay system !
Paying tax on everything for 52 years is way more than getting a pension & pay tax on that too for 20 years !
Posted by individual, Monday, 18 November 2019 7:42:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy