The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Same Sex Marriage Now That The Dust Has Settled

Same Sex Marriage Now That The Dust Has Settled

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
Since the time of unpleasantness which surrounded the legalising of fake marriage for same-sex couples, I have occasionally wondered if people still held the same views on the matter.

I can't know what most people say because they don't have a voice; but someone with a voice has spoken up in the last couple of days, reminding us that laws and gags on freedom of speech don't necessarily make people accept things that their instincts tell them are just plain wrong.

The Anglican Archbishop of Sydney, Glenn Davies, has told supporters of SSM that they should leave the church rather than "betray God's word" in a condemnatory message to 'progressives'. "Please leave us", he said.

The Archbishop believes the church has enough to do without being distracted by constant pressure to change Christian doctrine in order to "satisfy the lusts and pleasures of the world".

So, the acceptance of unnatural practices are not done and dusted: they have just been pushed underground, with a few fearless people still holding their heads up.

Of course, the last Archbishop to refuse to bend Christian doctrine to suit a post-Christian society ended up in jail on trumped up charges, with government inquisitors still trying to block his right of appeal to the High Court. I hope they don't start making up stuff about His Grace, Archbishop Davies.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 17 October 2019 8:59:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
His Grace,
ttbn,
This what I'd like to see phased out ! Why is there such hierarchy just to believe in a God ? I'm sure this isn't what it's all about. I find it just as offensive as the kind of "marriage" this thread is about !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 17 October 2019 7:37:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

It's just a tradition. He's probably called Glen by friends and colleagues, and probably thinks of himself as such. It's not his fault. I used the title because I like a bit of tradition: there's not enough of it anymore.

If you are offended by a bit of respect towards an Archbishop, how do you feel about sleazy politicians being being referred to as the Honourable member for Woop Woop? There's not much 'honourable' about them.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 17 October 2019 8:37:21 PM
how do you feel about sleazy politicians being being referred to as the Honourable member for Woop Woop? There's not much 'honourable' about them.
ttbn,
I have made my feelings about that crystal clear many times here on OLO ! Some should really be referred to as honing members.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 17 October 2019 8:44:07 PM
Absolutely agree, Leigh!

My personal Lord and Saviour detests the thought of interracial marriage. Just look where that sham arrangement has gotten us! A nation of mulatos where such an abomination is not just acceptable, but is now considered trendy!

Keep fighting the good fight!
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 17 October 2019 10:18:37 PM
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 still applies. I wonder if Sells is taking the Archbishops advice to leave.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 17 October 2019 10:26:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy