The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hang on to your car, not your hat.

Hang on to your car, not your hat.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Watch out fellers, they are finally admitting, they are coming for your cars. I have not just been ranting, I have seen it coming.

People will have to get out of their cars if the UK is to meet its climate change targets, MPs say.

The Science and Technology Select Committee says technology alone cannot solve the problem of greenhouse gas emissions from transport.

It says the government cannot achieve sufficient emissions cuts by swapping existing vehicles for cleaner versions. In its report, the committee said: “In the long-term, widespread personal vehicle ownership does not appear to be compatible with significant decarbonisation.”

Of course this has nothing to do with climate, or CO2, it is simply to put us peasants back where we belong, servitude. This is what the useful idiots of the green/left are helping promote.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 2 October 2019 1:44:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is not going to happen, not here not ever
Well maybe in 200 years if we have public transport in every part of the country
Hong Kong? Japan? maybe one day, only if that public transport exists
Try living in an Australia without road transport without two cars in every bush home, fiddle sticks
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 October 2019 11:59:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What about all the electric cars that are going to save the world?

Anyway, governments, UK or other, have about as much chance of getting away with that idea as China has of becoming a democracy.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 3 October 2019 12:06:55 PM
I am so glad that for at least most of my life people running things have been reasonably rational. God help my grandchildren who unless their is an uprising will live in a day where sodomy is promoted and 'normalised' virtue signalling gives you favour and promotion, the UN don't know the difference between a boy and girl and the elite swamp push their globalist agenda to deindustralise the West while lining their own pockets from the gw religion and other perverse and crooked schemes. The 'progressives' have stolen languauge and show themselves to be regressive in morality, science and every other way.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 3 October 2019 12:55:18 PM
Just wait until they start on agriculture !
Cull 50% of your cattle, 50% of your sheep, cut your tractor use by
50%, employ local serfs to pull your plough back & forth across your paddocks!
Banning the airlines will get Alan Joyce supporting Alan Jones, ha ha !
How about we cull 50% of the greens ?

It is all out of date anyway if that info I circulated over the last
couple of weeks is correct. As it gets colder we will want to burn
more coal and oil. However I doubt if any on here will still be around
when it starts to get noticeably colder.
We are at the peak of the temperature now from 1990 to about 2040.
We won't reach the coldest till about 2300.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 3 October 2019 3:30:16 PM
Yes Bazz, more sane scientists are suggesting that the anticipated low sun spot cycle will give us something akin to the little ice age. It doesn't have to get all that much colder to give big problems in the northern hemisphere for snow falls. A repeat of the last couple of years blizzards will wake many up.

This is the reason for the dramatic flurry of global warming idiocy we are seeing at the moment. The scammers know that if the Thames river ices over as it did during the Maunder minimum, even the useful idiots will notice, & are unlikely to accept the story that naughty CO2 is causing it all. They are desperate to get some laws in place, before the planet rejects their bull dust for them.

Did you see the report of Dutch farmers causing a 660 kilometer traffic jam with their tractors, when the ratbag element in their government proposed cutting all livestock farming by 50%.

The scammers are over reaching in desperation, & I see this causing even lefties to wake up to their little plot to destroy western civilisations living standards.

We certainly are living in interesting times.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 3 October 2019 4:09:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy