The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hang on to your car, not your hat.

Hang on to your car, not your hat.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Hasbeen, there is an article today in the Australian on the
Sustainable Development Goals that the UN etc are pushing which
is I think is what you were referring to.
It appears to go into everything and is intended tp pressure companies
to act according to the UN programs. Unfortunately you will need an
account to read it. I subscribed for the on line access only as I was
finding it hard ro read and was taking too much time.
I think they will try to make them mandatory in all countries.
I will look and see what I can find.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 5 October 2019 5:13:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Hasbeen, there is an article today in the Australian on the
Sustainable Development Goals that the UN etc are pushing'

its a pity there was not enough funds to sustain the UN. What a positive for this planet that would be.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 5 October 2019 6:11:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To hell with the UN! Although Morrison is generally a dill, last night he made it quite clear that he works only for Australia and not the UN, which should have been disbanded years ago. Hope he tells China something similar.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 5 October 2019 7:27:38 PM
We can always go back to horses and they use sustainable locally produced food (fuel) and the exhaust product is useful in the vegetable gardens.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 7 October 2019 3:16:16 PM
Ah ha, found the village idiots.

Come on fellas, out from behind the corn cob. I get that you feel the world has left you behind, that the young now look at you and decide you will never change, but you're harmless old coots so really not worth the effort anyway.

Your irrelevancy has to smart, but when a flock of you get together you are determined to gee each other on, which is kind of cute but a little pathetic to boot.

Have you heard the term 'circle jerk'? It is essentially exactly what you are participating in here.

You may well be set on mocking the fears the young have for their future, but it obviously doesn't matter as they are not listening.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 7 October 2019 6:03:24 PM
Hey Bazz,

Was the article called 'UN Mandarins Call Shots Over Voters'?
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/inquirer/un-mandarins-call-shots-over-voters/news-story/359e44535666e064a442c2fb7151f010

Or was it this one (paywalled)

UN Calls for Brave New World Financial Order to Tackle Climate Change

Rankings mean 'promoting a race to the finish line'.
http://theconversation.com/australia-falls-further-in-rankings-on-progress-towards-un-sustainable-development-goals-99737

I keep telling you all, there's no real democracy.
They left and right are 2 wings of the same bird.
It's already all decided.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 7 October 2019 6:16:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy