The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 27
  15. 28
  16. 29
  17. All
Foxy, Mr Opinion yes the very real fact is both sides, and lots more maybe, take Chinese money
Again, if this was 1970, the Liberal Coalition would be leading the charge for a full and open, investigation
IF our country's trade with China is more important than our security it concerns me
Even local government has seen such as this.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 16 September 2019 8:30:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

There are legitimate questions that can be asked of Mrs Liu and her potential allegiance to Communist China. However, until these questions have been investigated and it is shown that she has acted against Australia's interests the howls from the labor party that she be expelled are rank hypocrisy.

Labor's Sam Dastardly was fiercely protected even after he clearly acted against Aus interests, but what brought him down was his active soliciting for payments for personal costs and massive donations to the labor party from the chinese government.

That Liu grew up in China and that the Chinese government is active in the local community makes the linkage hardly surprising. What is absent so far is any indication of liu acting for the Chinese against Aus, and until then the cries for her expulsion are pure political opportunism.

Also given Labor's past history of using Chinese and Japanese racism against free trade deals etc, Labor's claims of purity of purpose in this case are laughable.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 16 September 2019 8:33:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Even screwball Left 'The Age' newspaper thinks the Chinese woman should stand down and be properly investigated. Of course, that could be just because she is not Labor.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 September 2019 9:31:19 AM
It is very naive to think you will be able to make a direct connection
from the Unity Front Work Dept to Ms Lui if she is involved.
There are a number of cutouts via different organisations with the aim
of relationships between China and Australia, scientific, student,
industry etc etc.

To understand the complexity I suggest that you read
The Silent Invasion by Clive Hamilton. I think most libraries have it by now.
I can assure you it is an eyeopener and should be a compulsory read for pollies.
Of particular interest is the merging of military research between
Australia and China.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 16 September 2019 11:15:11 AM
Dear Foxy,

It's looking like this topic might still a have a way to go.

Liu doesn't have to answer questions to confirm that she was affiliated with the organs of the Chinese Communist Party when she was running for selection as a Liberal federal politician. That is an absolute given and nobody is questioning that fact. What she needs to explain is why she should be permitted to continue as an MP given that she was affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party.

Also, I would like to raise questions surrounding what knowledge ScuMo had on Liu during the election. Wouldn't he have known that she had been affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party? I suppose he was so desperate to win the election that he was willing to turn a blind eye to the ramifications.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 16 September 2019 11:45:59 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/intelligence-agencies-pinned-parliament-hack-on-beijing-report-20190916-p52rou.html
Read this link, you can find the story in other publications
Fifth columnists do not always understand that is what they are
I remind Shadow Minister, once his side of politics would lead the charge looking for answers from this woman
Posted by Belly, Monday, 16 September 2019 11:57:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12