The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How ABC lies and makes fake news

How ABC lies and makes fake news

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
How ABC lies and makes fake news.

This appeared this morning and apparently was written by one Jemima Burt, whom I assume is an ABC journalist, although google does not know of her.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-11/how-big-a-problem-is-racism-in-regional-and-urban-australia/11373214?WT.ac=localnews_brisbane

If you read the article you will quickly see it has nothing to do with racism. It has three stories, the first is about a woman being asked if she was a prostitute by staff of a motel.

The second is about a waitress informing a customer that they kept Halal meat, in conversation about the menu.

The third story is about some bloke not being able, in Queensland, to get the same variety of vegetables as in western Sydney.

My dictionary tells me that racism is when someone believes or states that a person of one race is superior or inferior to a person of a different race. It is obvious that some, like this journalist, try to make a racism argument out of every situation. These people show their ignorance of the words meaning.

The only way to stop this misinformation is to bring it out into the open as it appears and embarrass the author on each occasion.

I seem to recall the stories, so the title could be click bait.
Posted by HenryL, Monday, 12 August 2019 11:01:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Henry,

Bigoted, biased, lying: that's the ABC for you. Fortunately, few of all those 'quiet Australians' listen to or watch it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 August 2019 1:40:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HenryL

I get fed up telling people to turn off the TVs, pick it up and throw the crap invention out into the back yard.
And the radio.
Stop supporting the bias main stream newspapers. There is no good one. They all of them, have vested interests, unsupportive of good citizens.

But you'll keep on whining on about the ABC till dooms day no doubt.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 12 August 2019 1:49:06 PM
Just for some balance. Here's a few facts:

Jemima Burt is a news reporter in Rockhampton Queensland.
She has also worked for ABC Rural and ABC News in regional
South Australia. Here's a list of the articles covered:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/jimima-burt/8509512

And - Here's the actual article under discussion:

http://abc.net.au/news/2019-08-11/how-big-a-problem-is-racism-in-regional-and-urban-australia/11373214
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 August 2019 2:17:14 PM
I think that the OP should read the link again, or for the first time.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 12 August 2019 2:53:54 PM
"The second is about a waitress informing a customer that they kept Halal meat, in conversation about the menu."

Pioneers are often condemned, just as a prophet is not honoured in her own country (or century).

Any time soon, that waitress may be feted for pioneering what has become compulsory for all restaurants.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 12 August 2019 4:05:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy