The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How ABC lies and makes fake news

How ABC lies and makes fake news

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear HenryL,

The first story was about an Asian woman being assumes to be a prostitute primarily because of her race.

The second is about a Palestinian Australian only getting an appointment to inspect a property when he said his last name was Smith instead of Al-Natour, and the third one was a really positive story of a Bangladeshi family's experiences moving to Rockhampton.

But you missed the whole bloody point of the story. It was to show that experiences of racism were not markedly different in the 'bush' than in the cities.

Indeed the title in the link is; how-big-a-problem-is-racism-in-regional-and-urban-australia. Perhaps you were confused by the lack of a question mark. They are not used in urls as they are a command symbol.

My reading of the article was that it is a positive piece not a negative one at all. I think it reflected well on the people of FNQ. The fact that you decided your response was going to be dismissive and insulting speaks far more about your jaundiced views than anything else.

The liar in this instance is not the ABC.

As individual said go read the thing for the first time.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 9:39:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR,
You are the same bent as the journo and try to make a racism issue out of anything. There was not one iota of racism in the article and the author realized it was dull and decided to liven it up by adding the click bait of racism to the title.
Posted by HenryL, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 10:51:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear HenryL.,

I got a totally different take on the link given.

I found it to be a positive one - and was somewhat
surprised why the ABC was being blamed. I thought
it was good reporting - on people's experiences
and encounters in rural areas.

Do we have to politicise everything?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 11:01:38 AM
Steele,

"As individual said go read the thing for the first time"

That gem of wisdom was from me.
I found the article to be quite reasonable when read in its entirety.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 11:19:26 AM
I'm listening to ABC radio lately because that's all there is to listen to where I am presently.
There is quite a bit of anti White interviews over the past few days. It apparently was for non-whites to have been ignorant generations ago when dealing with another race & culture but not for Whites. They did everything deliberately wrong. Not an ounce of benefit of doubt that Whites may have had to figure things out whilst under attack by some cranky tribe.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 12:46:53 PM
The ABC has some brilliant programs as does SBS but we no longer watch SBS directly as their adds are a problem, so we record it and fast forward over the adds.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 1:20:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy