The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does religion breed hatred, bigotry, and violence?

Does religion breed hatred, bigotry, and violence?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
Dear Yuyutsu,

Thank You for your kind words.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 14 August 2019 7:02:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

You say 'It takes a long time to become a person.' Actually it's 30 years. People don't become human beings until they turn 30 years old.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 14 August 2019 7:10:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy, we haven't debated the conundrum of did god create man, or did man create god.

Interesting today, a very nice old dear from the local Catholic Church came a call'n. The dear old soul was out preaching the anti-euthanasia gospel. The wife and I showed her the usual courtesy, and invited her in. After some introductions, she opened up and moved the discussion to the churches strong stance against euthanasia, fair enough. Oddly she assumed the wife and I must also be opposed to "this form of murder" us being nice people and all. A bad assumption on her part, she appeared somewhat gob smacked when I informed her politely that I supported the right of an individual to choose to end their life.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 14 August 2019 7:17:18 PM
Dear Yuyutsu,

I came up with a pretty good definition in one sentence.

Let's see what you can come up with in the space of one sentence.

I'm open to getting ideas that I can use to improve my understanding.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 15 August 2019 12:09:20 AM
Dear Paul1405,

Are you referring to the God that is all-caring, all-knowing and all-powerful?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 15 August 2019 12:14:46 AM
Dear Mr. Opinion,

Religion is doing the things and making the choices that bring one closer to God.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 15 August 2019 2:57:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All