The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mass Shootings In America, A Reminder To Australia.

Mass Shootings In America, A Reminder To Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. All
California’s Background Check Law Had No Impact on Gun Deaths, Johns Hopkins Study Finds...

http://fee.org/articles/california-s-background-check-law-had-no-impact-on-gun-deaths-johns-hopkins-study-finds/
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 2:40:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

You really are stuck for something to back up your simplistic and stupid allegations.

When are you going to shew some evidence to back your accusation that I think everyone should be armed with guns?

Can't do it, can you?

it's like all of your other allegations, just shew us one instance where the gun laws have been weakened?

The shooting fraternity needs political clout to protect them from the mindless machinations of the Greens and their running mates, the three members of Gun Control Australia.

Tell me, Paul, when the Shooters' Party tried to toughen the gun laws why did the Greens oppose the move?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 3:37:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, what about this in your article;

Garen Wintemute, a UC Davis professor of emergency medicine and senior author of the study, said incomplete data and flawed criminal record reporting might explain the results.

Wintemute noted:

In 1990, only 25 percent of criminal records were accessible in the primary federal database used for background checks, and centralized records of mental health prohibitions were almost nonexistent.

As a result, researchers said as many as one in four gun buyers may have purchased a firearm without undergoing a background check.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 3:40:14 PM
Issy, what's with the US, the only one questioning the material I have presented is YOU!

Firstly there was your ludicrous claim that "Machine guns save lives!" utter nonsense. Now please explain what an "unfortunate instance" is as it pertains to the gun freekies, and gunnies killing innocent people.

Again I have been on target, hitting the bulls eye time and again, whilst you my forum friend, have managed to shoot yourself in the foot over and over.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 5:13:12 PM
Paul,

Any assessment of the result of the use of machine guns in WWI shews that in WWII fewer soldiers died, and that was a result of improved tactical defence against machine guns, hence the introduction of MGs saved lives.
The tragic loss of lives that you mention was due to human errors and not due to any weakening of the law.

You cannot shew where the law was weakened.

"Again I have been on target, hitting the bulls eye time and again, whilst you my forum friend, have managed to shoot yourself in the foot over and over."

Keep repeating that bulldust enough and you'll start to believe it yourself.

Bye the way, how many lives were lost in the 'Black Saturday' bushfires, due to the Brumby Government pandering to the Greens?

Some would say all of them.
http://jennifermarohasy.com/2009/07/defining-the-greens-part-16-and-bushfires/
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 6:26:12 PM
Issy,

In the words of the immortal Barb! BOLLOCKS!

Life jackets save lives, medicines save lives, MACHINE GUNS take lives.
When a gunnie says "machine guns save lives" he wants us to believe his perverted logic, that all guns save lives. The extrapolation from that bit of nonsense is the more guns in the community, the more lives that are saved.
The more extreme in the gun lobby do not want to arm the whole community, far from it, although they prattle on about universal self defence. What they really want is an armed private army under their control, black shirts, brown shirts. This citizens militia of their's would be made up of well armed extremists thugs, an armed mob of radical goons, to deal with those that they perceive as the enemy of their new order! I recall a previous OLO poster, an extreme right wing gunnie, who advocated exactly that.
Issy, I know you are a somewhat moderate chap, and you would never advocate a goon squad to control the population, now would you?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 14 August 2019 6:40:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. All