The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What ! No Global Warming ?

What ! No Global Warming ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 17
  14. 18
  15. 19
  16. All
Belly keeps rabbiting on about following THE science. He thinks, or has been told to think, that all science is in agreement on the issue.

But if I showed him a paper like Marcott et al, 2013 which used science to show that, over the last 12000 years, the world has been hotter than the present for 25% of the time for reasons that had precisely nothing to do with CO2, Belly would either find ways to ignore it or just pretend to not hear about it.

There is no such thing as THE science. There are lots of different views on where the science currently sits on the issue. But only one of those views is acceptable to governments and so-called progressives, and that's the one that gets the air-time.

The people who don't accept that view or are sceptical about it, aren't anti-science. But the Bellys of the world won't understand that since they've been conditioned to think the science is settled. Hint: the science is never settled.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 19 July 2019 8:04:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze thanks, any time my thoughts are not shared by you is a good time
See in truth at our age our concerns are often, is my brain still ok
Your assurance lifts me
First is the climate changing? in my view yes
Second is man playing a roll in that? again yes
We have seen all types of animals insects and such go extinct under our watch
We over farmed dry areas, ensuring droughts would get bigger
Too we damage the environment by dumping our waste not just in landfill but in our waterways
So Rabbit on I will, or just maybe it is you who does that
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 July 2019 11:46:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Belly,

As I thought, that's a 'no bloody way' to examining any science that doesn't confirm your prejudices.

Just for fun...

**"First is the climate changing? in my view yes"

I agree.

**"Second is man playing a roll in that? again yes"

Agree again.

But the third question you and all other unthinking alarmists never ask is how much of a role does man play.

And the fourth question you and all other unthinking alarmists never ask is whether the warming is dangerous.

**"We have seen all types of animals insects and such go extinct under our watch"

Yes its called evolution. Been happening for quite a while now. There's no, or at least merely disputed claims, that's its happening faster now than at any other time in history.

**"We over farmed dry areas, ensuring droughts would get bigger"

Droughts get bigger because of lack of rain, not because of farming. And if it is caused by farming, what's that got to do with Global warming. And there's no evidence that droughts are getting bigger, unless you think that just really really wanting it to be true, is all the evidence that's required.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 19 July 2019 12:50:48 PM
Belly your posts confirm you are a lefty. I don't put you in the radical ratbag left, but you arte way left of middle of the road. Hell you even think Albo is a suitable leader for Oz.

You may not ne left of Nikita Khrushchev, but you are at least on a par with Mikhail Gorbachev. Of course that does not make you a bad bloke, after all we should all be allowed a foolishness or two.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 19 July 2019 1:35:30 PM
Gentlemen again thanks, in the game of verbal tennis it helps if your opponents show there are no strings in their racket
Left? no but if it amuses you, see anything left of today's conservatives is ok by me
Centerist? no defense guilty
As we head toward the day the climate change debate will be resolved my confidence about my view remains
Have a great weekend
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 July 2019 4:09:59 PM
Belly,
you're the one who writes the word truth more times than anyone here yet you refuse to acknowledge it.
Posted by individual, Friday, 19 July 2019 7:07:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...