The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Folau and GoFundMe

Folau and GoFundMe

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 52
  8. 53
  9. 54
  10. All
In spite of having a property portfolio of nearly $6m Folau, the risk of a court case can run into $ms and while Folau is prepared to take on RA on his own, this case is more than just about Folau as it sets a precedent on whether an employer has the right to censor the religious views of an employer.

To this end Folau has started a GoFundMe appeal to build a war chest to take on Rugby Australia in the courts. As of Monday morning 23/6/2019 after only a week the account is at roughly $750 000 with nearly 10 000 donations garnering roughly $100 000 per day. By comparison a counter fund to oppose Folau's legal challenge has raised less than $8000 in 3 days.

I believe Rugby Australia's hopes that this issue would dissappear are fading rapidly.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 24 June 2019 7:30:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I heard that idiot Beattie, [rugby league], saying the other day that Folau was taking on the game of rugby.

This is of course as stupid as is usual for Beattie. Folau is taking on the very stupid & dictatorial administration of Rugby, not the game. From their behaviour, as with James Cook Uni, the sooner this management is shown the door, the better the game will be.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 24 June 2019 9:32:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The figure raised shows the level of support for Folau, and how freedom of speech is valued by 'quiet Australians'. I note that the ferals have started on the man's wife now. Her organisation seems to be standing by her, though, unlike the boof-headed rugby bogans.

Beattie? There's nothing sadder or sillier than a faded ex-politician.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 24 June 2019 10:03:16 AM
Just imagine what good a Christian could do with $750,000. He could follow Jesus's instruction: sell what you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Much more Christian than threatening people with hell
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 24 June 2019 10:11:10 AM
been thinking of making a donation but not sure how I feel about it. Be good if a few more Christian rugby players had the courage to stand up to the bullies like rugby Australia who claim they promote inclusivism except of course for Christians.
Posted by runner, Monday, 24 June 2019 10:21:03 AM
Go Fund Me has just removed Israel’s account, which brings intolerance of personal beliefs to a new level.
Posted by Big Nana, Monday, 24 June 2019 11:03:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 52
  8. 53
  9. 54
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy