The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How could anyone vote for Shorten?

How could anyone vote for Shorten?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Hi Paul,

Reagan a one-time communist ? I don't think so, he was a major instigator in the attempts to expel Jewish writers and actors and producers from Hollywood from the mid-forties- remember the Hollywood Ten. And he was right up there in full support of McCarthy.

Ah, you're being sarcastic ? Facetious ? Satirical ? Ironic ? Sorry, it's wasted on a half-wit like me.

But while we're on the topic, if we imagine a Right-wing spectrum 50 % to one side of the ideological mix, then Reagan would have been up there in the 90+ % band. McCarthy, I think, was just an opportunist, but certainly part of the Right and using it to promote himself, perhaps to President. Of course, he had a strong rival in Gen. McArthur at that time until Truman sacked him.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 10:50:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Never heard anyone say Ronald Reagan was communist
Hear a few question his parents wedding
Dreadful bloke in the end he had a sad end to his life
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 12:59:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly and Loudmouth,
I think Paul's point was that there are people in America who regard everyone they disagree with as communists.

Ronald Reagan was, of course, never a communist. Politically he started out on the left, but when he was in Britain and saw what the Attlee government was doing, he shifted to the right where he remained ever since.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 1:09:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Aiden admit it went over my head but true
A tip, Labor polling is saying in some not Labor electorates Shorten is as popular as scomo
Saw in that school shot yesterday the young love him
While I have already voted [the greens got my preference in both houses]
First time in decades in my area the greens will man my booth and many they have not done before
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 4:03:26 PM
There is a lot of misinformed comment about Sky News.
When they have a discussion panel almost every time they have someone
from the Labour Party or other left wing organisation.
Regular left orientated panel members are Nicholas Reece, 1 hour show weekly,
Graham Richardson, Kelly ex NSW Labour minister, a lady whose name I
cannot remember, Stephan Conroy, Conroy and Michael Kroger(lib) have a
regular weekly one hour session. There are others whose names I do not
know but it is absolutely certain that there is no mirror image on the ABC.
Graham Richardson has his own one hour show each week and he appears
with Paul Murray almost every day.
For those who do not remember Graham Richardson he was a minister in
Bob Hawke's and Paul Keeting's governments.
He was famous for the saying "Whatever it Takes", in that do anything
political so long as it helps the party.
The only time the ABC has a Liberal on their programs they are there
to play the part of Aunt Sally.
That is not a complete list as many I do not know their names, but it
is true that they do present strongly a Liberal, conservative line.
Presenters such as Peta Credlin and Andrew Bolt are such but they
often have lefty orientated people on their segments.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 4:40:56 PM
No Joe, as I said according to John Hinckley Jr., Hinckley attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1981. In his record of interview Hinckley claimed Reagan was a Communists and that was justification for the attempted assassination. You might not believe it, I might not believe, but John Hinckley Jr. believed it. Maybe he was a little bit wacko, what do you think? As far as I know he's out and about theses days.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 7:38:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11