The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Time to fix the magistrates.

Time to fix the magistrates.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
I am so sick to death of news reports of murders, rapes assaults & robberies committed criminals on bail, or on parole. Yet another today of a young girl raped by a known rapist, out on bail for another rape. How much evidence that these people should be off the street do these magistrates need?

It appears that magistrates can't bring themselves to do their job of protecting the community from these horrors. Perhaps we can force them to do their job by making it apply to them too.

We should now legislate to charge magistrates & parole board members with any crime committed by someone they have released. Perhaps if they were to share the penalty for such crimes themselves they might remember it is innocent members of the public who suffer the result of their excess kindness to criminals.

I'm sure such a law would sharpen their judgement on the likelihood of criminals committing further offences if released.

Who knows, it might even get the bleeding heart legal eagles to resign, & allow the appointment of people capable of doing the job properly.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 6:31:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hear, hear. Magistrates and judges seem to be too frightened to perform the jobs they are paid to do: protecting society from scum. Cowards the lot of them!
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 22 November 2018 10:38:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's interesting how small crims are charged after "helping police" often the same day. The Big Brother Banks do huge crim stuff which the regulator knew about and ignored . Reluctantly the Libs allowed a R Commission costing $!*%#&(mill which hears what the newspapers have published for years , have an interim report $@(%& , then final report $ 2x #%$^& and Plmt has a think about it , writes a policy and thinks about it. The execs may be charged , poor darlings. ...really?
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 22 November 2018 10:46:54 AM
Hasbeen,

One of my favourite TV programs is the British -"Justice
John Deed." It's a real eye-opener as to how politicised
the Justice System is in the UK. I suspect it's the same
here. Not all magistrates are the same of course, but
I'm sure that politics plays a big part in sentencing.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 22 November 2018 11:11:25 AM
Not a great fan of banks, or any other financial institution myself Nick.

However I have never yet heard of any of them raping some 2 year old girl, while out on bail.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 22 November 2018 11:12:51 AM
Hasbeen agree, even had thread after thread here saying the same.
A vile thing we call PC needs removing from our legal system.
Courthouse acts of weeping mums too
Put a base minimum time to be served.
Never ever grant bail, but ensure every case is heard fast, let us elect Magistrates and Judges, and let us recall them/sack them for soft sentences
That seven year old girl in Sydney was harmed by a person on parole, police failed to report he reoffended
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 22 November 2018 11:33:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy