The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Time to fix the magistrates.

Time to fix the magistrates.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All
personally I think castration for child molestors and capital punishment for other horrendeous crimes should take place. Singapore seems to have it right.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 22 November 2018 11:53:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do you know the original rape ? "The most serious sex offences include sexual intercourse with a child under 10 years of age. . a maximum penalty of life imprisonment." If it was a child under 16 it's 14 years jail. If the next offense was not reported by police it may not be possible to keep him permanently locked up. Should every rape get life in jail?
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 22 November 2018 11:55:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Simple solution. Remove bail.

Bail is a ridiculous and offensive notion - why should anybody be able to buy their freedom with cash? It's always seemed to me like institutionalised bribery.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 22 November 2018 2:42:48 PM
We have a Legal System in Australia but do not have a Justice System.
Posted by rache, Thursday, 22 November 2018 3:19:30 PM
rache true, totally true
You know why, I know why, we do not care enough to demand better
Unless the child is ours we damn the perp and move on
Courts, jobs for the upper middle class, do not even try to represent our wishes
PC the enemy of free speech, bends the victim over and see,s only the perp as in need of help
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 22 November 2018 4:21:35 PM
Foxy you should never mistake fiction for real life. If you start believing fiction written by people with an emotive position, you are being conned.

I don't watch soaps, like that one or any other, as I know it is just a couple of writers twisted belief of the truth. They are pushing a certain political view through their fiction, & I am not interested in their view, or their fiction.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 22 November 2018 5:01:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy