The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Young African refugees a problem only in Melbourne, why?

Young African refugees a problem only in Melbourne, why?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. All
I read a few newspapers daily and watch TV news daily and the only place I see where there are problems with African refugees is in Melbourne, which prompts me to ask why?

Surely Melbourne is not the only place that African refugees go to, so why do not other places have problems as well? If it is lack of law enforcement in Victoria then why do I not hear of other towns and cities in Victoria having problems.

I may be wrong but other state capitals would get their fair share of refugees so do they have problems and we do not hear about it.

If this is not an election issue in Victoria it should be the main issue.
Posted by HenryL, Saturday, 3 November 2018 6:12:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My son in-laws parents live in Penrith NSW.

His mother will not shop in Penrith, or even get out of her car in Penrith, due to trouble with African youth gangs.

I guess the police & media in some states/areas refuse to report African & other ethnic migrant problems. Islander & aboriginal gangs regularly confront each other in parts of Logan Qld too. It keeps many off the streets.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 3 November 2018 7:54:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Banjo,

Back at it again mate? You will need new hides on the drums soon.

Dear Hasbeen,

We have quite a few in the larger town near us with very few issues. There are quite a number playing for our club and all are fine.

However some the clubs from more affluent areas have far less or no representation. So there is definitely a socio-economic distribution which you would attribute to the fact that these are a relatively recent part of our refugee program.

And of course there is age and parental factors in the mix as well.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 3 November 2018 8:26:15 PM
Good question. No good answers though. Something to do with Left wing laxity? Victoria is the most Left wing state in the country. They are the only ones who think it's OK for victims of Left wing violence to be charged for protection against Leftist thugs trying to prevent people from going to conservative gatherings. African gangs, though, can riot, rob and trash, while the cops just look on without making arrests. Victorians deserve everything they get while they continue to vote in rubbish governments like the current one.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 3 November 2018 9:23:23 PM
Well put the PC in the nearest rubbish bin for a start.
Now yes they came, or their parents did, from a far different back ground than the streets of Melbourne.
And yes they feel a solidarity in being different, it is the cement that binds gangs.
NO it is not racist to highlight any of the above,just as it is not wrong to highlight the roll PC plays.
Some rush to defend any minority charged with any crime, right or wrong.
This is being used and has been for several years by politicians as a weapon, just as damning as PC in this case.
The problem exists, it is real, and only by dealing with it like every other problem, without becoming politically correct,without discounting the crimes because of race age or family history will it be fixed
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 November 2018 4:19:28 AM
Australia is merely 20 years behind Europe with that dilemma. If we had a media that reports fact it could have been averted altogether, alas !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 4 November 2018 6:03:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy