The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Show me The Communist left

Show me The Communist left

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
mhaze communism was born in very different times, workers and the poor had dreadful lives
Communism however was a dream, it promised one world, told us [it was a lie] all would be equal.
Upper class and middle class even became part of the dream that proved to be a nightmare.
We can talk all year about the promises and the failures.
We may even find common ground in claiming a better world would be an improvement
It will not be from long dead communism.
A form of modernised Socially aware Capitalism seems the best out come.
But like communism a new cure all is mounting a challenge to rule the world
It too claims it is the only answer it too is a trap, its name is extreme right wing dictatorship.
It invented the left we hear so much about, made words like progressive and Liberal swear words
Posted by Belly, Friday, 26 October 2018 11:31:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Communism however was a dream, "

That turned into a nightmare. Somewhere between 100 million and 200 million dead at the hands of communist 'visionaries' trying, or so they said, to create the dream.

Belly, if you don't know what a communist is, there's no way to know whether they exist today. Logic 101.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 26 October 2018 12:24:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
sorry mhaze but if I posted ten pages you would still not understand,
I could you know, talk of the differences in all its leaders and yes countries that once followed that path
What is it in YOU? why do you feel the need to needle and insult?
Are you suffering from feelings of inadequacy?
you seem to have some of the symptoms
IF this world is not a series of right wing Dictatorships in 50 years scholars may look at your posts, to try to understand why fears of a phantom, left that no longer exists,powered the very right, something that could never exist without foot soldiers like you
And the inventive skills of trolls working on new lies new fears meant for those with low IQs
Posted by Belly, Friday, 26 October 2018 4:49:35 PM
Hi Belly,

Communism is too radical a concept to have it introduced in an orderly fashion in an already successful state. Countries like Tsarists Russia and post war China were already in a condition of extreme chaos with failed political systems well before radicals ceased power through violent overthrow. Massive loss of life from bloody conflict was inevitable, when power was taken by the extremists. The same can be said for Nazi Germany, Fascist Spain and Italy, and a host of other countries, some become nothing more than violent dictatorships. Saddam Hussein in Iraq for example, with no pretence of some wonderful political ideology being introduced, just death for those that were perceived as being enemies of the regime.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 26 October 2018 5:42:13 PM
http://youtu.be/rcaDO7SY4-4
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 26 October 2018 10:23:25 PM
As far as I can tell, communism is essentially the fulfillment of aspirations of progressive left movements. A government that holds all the cards to ensure that everyone gets a fair and equal part of the resources. Sometimes holding one part of the population that was under greater hardship as a protected class of the population.

The problems with this is the failure rate, the corruption rate, and the expiration rate that the values that could be good (share our resources with the disadvantaged) are dropped in favor of those in power to hold the resources and kill the advancement of society, because of how hard it is to start a business, or make a change when someone else is in control to say you can or can't do this.

With this in mind. For those who are left leaning. Even center-left. My advise is this. Learn to show a kind of respect or even fear of how the world works. How it really works not just how you want it to work. Then the issues of corruption and all the evils that come with it (murder, greed, instability...) can be avoided because instead of trying to change the world to the set of ideals you hold, (and be surprised when it doesn't change for the better), instead of that you can try to be practical with the concerns of what might happen if and when a bad person takes the reigns.

...I would go farther too actually, and recommend to have the fear in God in place, but
I don't think many of you want to hear that or why holding on to His lessons and commands are worth while. So instead this will have to do. Try to be realistic and know the dangers that have historically been shown over and over again when trying to create a state enforced utopia.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 27 October 2018 4:10:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11