The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are our Public Schools now an unsafe place for Children?

Are our Public Schools now an unsafe place for Children?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
paul1405, being 'one of the most intelligent posters', I have used the word in many topics and discussions over the years. Being a 'linguist' I find the creation of new words come naturally, which is amazing considering I am shite at English and always have been. Still one aspires to achieve and succeed in pursuit of enlightenment and happiness. WOW what a lot of crap, but what the heck, I enjoy it. Just a little levity in an otherwise all too serious world.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 30 November 2017 7:54:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Paul1405,
Say what? - Are you telling me 'poofterism' isn't a word?
Of course it's a word; maybe just not an actual word.

Best used in the context of one's own home when taking the p*ss out of other male housemates, as Australian's do.
When stopping by ones room; one may enquire:
"What sort of poofterism's going on in here?"

Seriously though, the reason I bring it up is to question whether people like yourself would try to tell me that this behavior is wrong, and that I have no right to discriminate against gays or allege gay activities (when the person is not gay) in the comfort and privacy of my own home.

What say you, on this topic?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 30 November 2017 8:54:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just to correct a misleading impression being given in this thread, the terrorism threat in SA was very real indeed. Police well deserve public congratulations and thanks for nipping it in the bud. Well done, police!

Although the media report extended the threat to firearms, despite the offenders not having any, nor having any means to acquire them and police statements that it was explosives and other weapons, including bullet proof vests and no guns,

"Two teenage boys who were allegedly planning an attack involving guns [not according to police] and explosives at a school in South Australia's Riverland region have been charged with serious offences.
"We believe that most likely the attack would have occurred if not stopped by the end of the current school term," Superintendent Detective Bray said.

"Police will allege that they intended to cause harm to a large number of people, however this plan was thwarted.
"There is NO evidence to show that any other person was linked with this matter, nor did the two individuals have possession of firearms."

The public should be concerned that the tabloid media (and the TV channels excel at tabloid!), do not sensationalise this plot and do not give any notoriety to the offenders. The same applies to ambulance-chasing politicians. That could encourage copy cats, which will be on their heads.
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 30 November 2017 9:06:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy