The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will Prince Charles ever be King?

Will Prince Charles ever be King?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Reading between the liners, I would say it was the queen who picked Diana, & Charlie being a dutiful son married & was stuck with her.

Camilla, obviously consoled Charlie in his misery for many many years, drawing the enmity of the queen for doing so.

If the queen is attempting to bypass Charlie, it will be to get back at Camilla for not being a dutiful subject, & leaving Charlie alone in his misery.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 24 November 2017 9:46:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

All we can do is speculate.

And I guess much has been stated - regarding Prince
Charles, and his love-life. I thought he acted
so decently when Princess Diana died in that
car-crash. He insisted on giving her the full
"Royal" treatment that was rightly hers despite
the initial objections from the Queen. And he has
stayed loyal to his now wife Camilla, the Duchess
of Cornwall. They seem like a good match despite
all the scandal surrounding them.

Of course many people still resent Camilla and her
involvement in the affair with Charles. She's not
popular. But, I am sure that if Charles becomes
king, Camilla will also become Queen. And with time
the people will accept her.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 November 2017 10:18:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Her title will not be officially confirmed until his ascension. At this point, Charles will also reveal if he plans to take on another name as King. George VII has been suggested by some commentators.

Queen Elizabeth’s father was named Albert, and known as Bertie, but he chose to become George VI when he inherited the throne. Queen Victoria decreed that there should never be a King Albert.

According to precedent, the wives of ruling Kings become Queen consorts but the husbands of sovereign Queens do not have the right to a title. This is the reason why the Duke of Edinburgh is not known as King Philip. "

Suggestions for his regal name are being accepted. So far , the most popular in order of eminence are:
Aural ( "ears") also similar to "Aussie".
Muggins
I Talk To The Trees
Albertcharlesgeorgevladimir 1.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 24 November 2017 10:47:17 AM
Dear Nick,

Thanks for that.

Interesting facts.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 November 2017 10:51:13 AM
Yes we can add Mindaugas and Vytantas to the list of regal names.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 24 November 2017 11:07:50 AM
Unless he becomes King Charles the damn gates will stay closed.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 24 November 2017 11:26:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy