The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do you like cakes? Always?

Do you like cakes? Always?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. 17
  14. All
Toni,

But what if they aren't accommodating and insist, and he refuses because to put that on a cake is offensive to him in his religious beliefs, should he be prosecuted for refusing to make and put their requested words in icing on the cake?
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 20 November 2017 3:55:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Beard Liberation Front (BLF) is a British interest group which with Builders Labourers Federation, Aust., campaigns in support of beards and opposes pogonophobic discrimination . Stephen of the Australian BLF owns Stephen Webster Beauty and enjoys working with celebrity clients, his most valued client is the everyday professional woman with discriminating taste in fine feminine pogonos and gluten-free tucker.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 20 November 2017 3:55:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Thank you, I already looked at this link and learned from it what the current Australian law is (which I consider illegitimate, immoral and worth defying).

Now for all this beard-talk by the above guys, suppose you were in this unfortunate tiny minority of women who grew a beard and the Australian law stated that women may not shave their beards: Would you then consider such a law to be legitimate and moral, just because it was legislated democratically? would you then agree with Socrates' position that if the law tells you to drink poison then you ought to drink poison?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 20 November 2017 3:56:40 PM
Dear Yuyutsu,

I am a relatively hairless creature. I always have
been. It's probably my ancestry. The only place where I
am hairy is the mane on my head. Anyway, I'll play along.
If I was to grow a beard - I would shave it off immediately
regardless of what the law was. And I would say I did it
for religious reasons. For example, Tibetan monks don't have
body hair and I would be able to fit right in as a Tibetan
nun.

There are always ways in which problems can be solved - no matter
what life throws at you. As the old adage tells us:

"A successful man/woman is one who can lay a firm
foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him/her".
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 20 November 2017 6:05:38 PM
//But what if they aren't accommodating and insist, and he refuses because to put that on a cake is offensive to him in his religious beliefs//

If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers' hands.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 20 November 2017 6:10:34 PM
Is Mise
If a bearded lady is shaving while being arrested in your shop and asks for offensive words on the cake , would you refuse ? If a drunk Santa Claus fires both barrels into your bread-mixer would you still refuse? Then you're in the clear , its not homophobia it's for every valued customer . You can tell the cop it's religious insult when he gets back to you and arrest the lot ( although Santa came from Lithuania and may be Russian).
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 20 November 2017 6:55:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16